• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need ideas for finding a cat a new home

Cartel

Members
So my GF has a Calico cat she has had since a kitten. She is about to move where she can no longer have a cat and as much as it breaks her heart she has to get rid of her. Im allergic and have a dog that does not agree with cats otherwise I could and would do more myself. With that said we have posted Craigslist ads and talked to everyone we can but no one seems to want an 11 year old cat. The cat is extremely outgoing and affectionate. She loves to play and hang out with people. As a last resort in 2 weeks (the time she has to work with) we will take her to a shelter of some sort. It would be a shame and terrible thing to take her to the local county pound where she will just be killed in a couple of weeks. I can't agree with that so if we can't find her a loving home then the only other option would be a no kill shelter.

So long story short does anyone have any ideas or places that you know of we can take the cat where her chances of a happy ending are maximized? I would like to help her find a solution sooner then later and not to sound insensitive but just get it over with.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey Wil,

Yeah, definitely go the rescue route.

You will likely get some resistance from the group as they generally only take animals from shelters and not from individuals. This is understandable as the volunteers will have to foster the animals until their "forever home" is found and their is not always room immediately available at these volunteer's homes.

Keep trying different groups until you have exhausted all options.

Good luck bud.

BTW, we going to see you at the convention? I'll buy you a beer. :)

Please take it off Craig's list. There are too many horror stories about pets being "adopted" via that route and used to bait fighting dogs and other horrible things. A humane euthanasia is preferred over such a fate. Can she keep her cat if she chooses a different place to live? Losing a long-time pet seems a high price to pay . . .

Cartel

Members
Well for now we found a friend who is willing to keep her until a home can be found for her be it a couple days or long term so that's good. She will just have to work with different organizations until she can find her a new home.

Regardless due to many factors (and none the cats fault) she can't keep her otherwise that of course would have been the ideal situation for both of them. Thank for the suggestions everyone!