• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need advice on fin rot

Aqua410

Members
So I've posted a few times about a GT that I've been trying to nurse to health. He got fin rot that progressed insanely fast and the whole middle of his tail was practically missing. I dosed paraguard for a week then waited a week and dosed triple sulfa four times with water changes as directed. Here's a pic of him now. The rot doesn't seem to be progressing but I don't notice any healing either. Should I give him more medicine or just continue with lots of water changes at this point. His overall health has certainly improved and he will take live worms from my hand but still isn't eating pellets. Here he is:

image.jpg

thedavidzoo

Members
Melafix, yes, you can make it at home cheap. Get a little bottle of Tea Tree Oil from BB&B or somewhere and mix some of it up with distilled water per instructions online here somewhere. Will last forever and cost virtually nothing.

Would adding some salt be beneficial in this case also?