• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

N. Nigriventris

These are the first photos I have processed on my new monitor (22" widescreen, 1000:1 brightness). It is amazing how white the whites are, and how the allover brightness is so...bright.

As for the the fish, they are not as dull as before. They are showing more color every day. My only problem is that the 800 pixel wide photos are too small on this screen :rolleyes:

8dNigriventrisJuby041707.jpg

8cNigriventrisJuby041707.jpg

8aNigriventrisJuby041707.jpg

8bNigriventrisJuby041707.jpg

longstocking

Members
Just amazing ! To catch all the sutle colors of these fish impresses me SOOOOO much !

Looks like you have a pair :) They do pair off at incredibly small sizes !

D

daniel4832

Bobby,
Sarah is correct, the first thing I noticed was that they looked like a pair, then how nice the pictures are :rolleyes:
Thanks,
Daniel

Coooooolllll! These two seem to stay fairly close to each other most of the time. The third one, which is much smaller, is never with these two.

Sarah, it seems the subtle colors only appear noticeable with the camera. The naked eye doesn't pick the coloring up like the lens does. Most pale fish fall into this category.

longstocking

Members
It will be more noticable when they get older :)

Hmmmmmm .... me thinks I should have made that bet :p :D

Nice to know my guessing sex abilities with these guys are pretty good :unsure:

Again... great shots !

Here's an update of their growth. I'm guessing getting to close to breeding size now. But haven't seen any signs of mating yet. Also changed the tank again. Got rid of the petrified wood and replaced it with the coral rock (I think that is what it is called).

11bNigriventris070507.jpg

11aNigriventris070507.jpg

longstocking

Members
They look fantastic !!! Love the new rock !

You won't see signs of breeding till they are about 3 inches ( the female ). They are slow in that way. They just pair off at small sizes.

I'd say it takes them about 1.5-2 years to breed.