• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mystic White PFS

Ading522

Members
I want to try the white pool filter sand on one of my smaller tanks.. anyone know where to get these? maybe somewhere near montgomery county?
has anyone also tried planting or growing in this kind of substrate? if so, what kind of plants?

thanks!

Junelee09

Members
I have it in my tank. Purchased it from Home Depot for I think $8 a bag. It took one bag for my 55 gal. i had some Val plants in it I think they would have done well if the fish didn't munch on it so much it never turned brown.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ading522

Members
the PFS in leslies is a little brown in color.. or maybe at where i get it..they don't have any other color.. is Mystic White a color or brand?

zackcrack00

Members
the PFS in leslies is a little brown in color.. or maybe at where i get it..they don't have any other color.. is Mystic White a color or brand?

The PFS turns white after you put it in your tank. And Mystic White is a brand.

Like I said in another thread, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and got a 50-pound bag of Pool Filter Sand for $5.53. Quartz sand is what it really is. Turns white when you put it in!

Ading522

Members

Like I said in another thread, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and got a 50-pound bag of Pool Filter Sand for $5.53. Quartz sand is what it really is. Turns white when you put it in!

oh..see here i was thinking that mystic white was really white and finer than the PFS i have.. but i guess not, ill stick to my PFS.. it does look whitish with light.. just thought the mystic white was whiter..lol..thanks for the eye opener Zack! :)

Jefft

Members
I made over my tank using Mystic White PFS you can see the thread about it on the link below.. as far as how to find Mystic White.. what I did was just call the home office of the company that makes it.. U S Silica.. and they then gave me the address and phone number of a distributor in my area who carries it.. pretty simple.. 9.00 a bag.. for like 50lbs..

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17162&highlight=makeover

check this thread...

2. Mystic White II Pool Filter Sand, made by US Silica. Call the home office to get the name and number of a distributor in your area. My area (Glen Burnie) its W W Adcock Pool Supplies Warehouse.

daninmd

Members

Not correct. Mystic white is bright white in color. Most other pfs is light brown. They are night and day different in my tanks. The mystic white is super bright, just like white sand in a saltwater setup. Got mine from Danny's pool supply in crofton. $11 for 50 lbs

daninmd

Members
I made over my tank using Mystic White PFS you can see the thread about it on the link below.. as far as how to find Mystic White.. what I did was just call the home office of the company that makes it.. U S Silica.. and they then gave me the address and phone number of a distributor in my area who carries it.. pretty simple.. 9.00 a bag.. for like 50lbs..

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17162&highlight=makeover

check this thread...

2. Mystic White II Pool Filter Sand, made by US Silica. Call the home office to get the name and number of a distributor in your area. My area (Glen Burnie) its W W Adcock Pool Supplies Warehouse.

+1

People saying its the same as regular PFS have obviously never used this product. This is pure white sand

Jefft

Members
When it sits in the plastic bag at the dealer often times it gets wet inside the bag and for some reason it looks tannish because of the dense manner in which it is packed... but it isnt tan, doesn't "change" color..