• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My Kenyi Cichlid or Metriaclima lombardoi is acting weird, help!

men_arell

Members
I have a Mbuna tank with 1 male and 3 female kenyi, 1 male 3 female Chipokae, and 1 male and 1 female scolofi. Recently one of the female kenyi stopped eating. It likes to hang on the top of the tank without hiding. Her colors are getting paler. All the other fish are doing well. They all eat, seem happy, dig all over tha tank. I dont know whats wrong with her.

Ph. 7.8
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate between 5 to 10 ppm

Please help

chriscoli

Administrator
Is there any chance she's holding? When I had mine a few years ago, when she was holding, the female would turn very pale, almost taking on a tanish/yellowish color much like a subdominant male looks.

Rasta Fish

Members
Don't look like she is holding
I would treat that tank with parasite guard and maybe get some brine shrimp may stimulate it to start eating

men_arell

Members
She is too young to be holding. She may be only three months old. Thabks dor the coloration tip though. I really appreciate it

men_arell

Members
Don't look like she is holding
I would treat that tank with parasite guard and maybe get some brine shrimp may stimulate it to start eating

I will start with the brine shrimp. I only have frozen. I ve only fed them big flakes. If ahe dosent eat i will issolate and medicate

men_arell

Members
I only feed them flakes with high fiber and 30% protein. I dont think her diet is causing the bloat. It may be bacterial. She is isolated and her colors are returning but still no eating