• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My Inca Stone Fish (Tahuantinsuyoa macantzatza) bred

dogofwar

CCA Members
My pair of Inca Stone Fish (http://www.cichlidae.com/gallery/genus.php?g=Tahuantinsuyoa) bred on a piece of PVC pipe yesterday. The eggs weren't there this AM so they're either guarding the wigglers somewhere or they're gone.

The pair is in a 2'x2'x1' tank with a bunch of Gymnogeos. I could tell that they bred because they got really bright turquoise lines on them and were acting aggressively. Lo and behold, about 15-20 big golden eggs.

They're delayed, bi-parental mouthbrooders, which ,means that they guard the eggs on the substrate first...and then both parents hold the eggs. Pretty cool.

They're in about the least accessible photographable tank in the fishroom so you'll have to take my word for it. If I can catch them, they should get their own 15g to try to raise some fry (next time)...

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
They're in the tank above the Hatiens on the right. Half covered by the rack of 15s. Great breeding tank for fish that like their privacy ;)

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Looks like the babies are no more...or maybe the parents have them in a back corner and I can't see them. Gymnogeos (what they're in with) shouldn't be too hard to keep at bay!

Matt