• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My Frontosa Colony (Update)

neut

Members
Nice looking group. How old are they?

Few years ago, now, I went back to doing new worlds after years of primarily keeping and breeding Africans. The one African setup I kept are my Kapampa fronts. After doing fronts in some form or another for over a dozen years, and having Kapampa specifically over 7.5 years, I still really enjoy them.

Last edited:

madcobra216

Members
Neut, they are still fairly young, ~ 8-9 months only, in a few months I'll take out two of the males leaving only the dominant male or I may look for a trade for a Alpha before they start to breed. I love this colony thou, :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

neut

Members
Neut, they are still fairly young, ~ 8-9 months only, in a few months I'll take out two of the males leaving only the dominant male or I may look for a trade for a Alpha before they start to breed. I love this colony thou, :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thought they looked young, but they look nice. :)

Not unusual ime for females to start producing eggs/spawning at 18 months or so. Had a Burundi once that started spawning at 15-16 months. But I haven't seen a male successfully fertilize the eggs before about 3 years or so and some take longer.