• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

my brevis has a zit plse help!

illpoet

Members
about a week ago i noticed a bump on my brevis that looks like a zit. sometimes it looks more angry than others. it is on the side of him where he'd be rubbing against the shell. I thought maybe it was like a blister but since it doesn't seem to go away i'm worried it could be a parasite or some such. anyone know what this is and what i can do about it? i'm quite fond of him and his fry need a papa! thanks in advance!brevisbump.jpg

brevisbump.jpg

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
If you saw it had a white head prior to popping, it is likely that hexamita is the culprit. For this kind of problem, I recommend API General Cure. It has metronidozole and praziquantinel.

illpoet

Members
salt was my first thouht but i was nervous about hurting the fry, they are really little guys. do you think that it would hurt them to use salt/general cure? i have a 5 gallon that i'm growing out a few baby kribs in i could set it up as a hospital tank if you thought it safer.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I have used salt and General Cure together with no ill effects. I have not treated smaller fish though, so I can not guarantee that a full dose of GC is safe to use on them.