• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

MY BFF fish

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Anybody seen this yet? https://www.mybffnow.com/flare/next I was it Tropical Lagoon yesterday when a little girl came in looking for some salt from brine shrimp for her BFF fish. Me and teh angry looking nice guy that works their looked it up and saw that someone has taken the sea monkey's to a new level. looks like Killie fish eggs. I may buy a kit just to try it. I hope they actually included some type of info on the species so those who choose to care for them the correct way can.

verbal

CCA Members
I read an old article from Sports Illustrated about Dr. Axelrod and apparently he tried this(marketing killies like "sea monkeys") many years ago. I think killifish are a potential far better first fish than goldfish.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
FOR JUST 8 FISH? CHEAPER TO GET 2 GUPPIES AND BREED THEM. (AS FEEDERS OF COURSE) GREAT IDEA FOR KIDS THOUGH! THEY WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU CAN GET THEM TO WAIT 48 HOURS FOR THE BBS.

Last edited:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Not gonna lie.. was all about sea monkies and ant farms when I was little. This is was cooler though. :)

Sort of related, I saw an article a few months back in TFH about triops. Cool little critters that's eggs can survive suspended for years.

You can buy kits from this link or you can just buy the eggs off of Ebay.

http://www.triops.com/

Pretty cool little critters; very high in "heebie-geebie" factor... imagine the potential of freaking out your big sister when she found one of these in her bed!

Triops_numidicus.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
They have a tank of the triops in the Australia exhibit at the aquarium in Baltimore. I looked into setting up a tank for them a few months ago, but from what I read, their life span is relatively short (4-6 months).

Tony

They have a tank of the triops in the Australia exhibit at the aquarium in Baltimore. I looked into setting up a tank for them a few months ago, but from what I read, their life span is relatively short (4-6 months).

I think you have to continually restart the colony... let the adults die off, then collect and store the eggs... sort of like killie fish.

mrkillie

Members
I saw the "My Best Fish Friend" commercial on TV a few weeks ago. I was dying from laughing so hard. They show Aplocheilus lineatus (golden wonders) on the commercial, and also at times they show the fire killie, Nothobranchius rachovii. Go to the website and they show the same fish, but in the FAQs they say the fish are Notho. korthausae. Notho. korthausae is a CARES fish.

They try to make it sound so simple. There will be lots of disappointed kids out there.

Tony

I saw the "My Best Fish Friend" commercial on TV a few weeks ago. I was dying from laughing so hard. They show Aplocheilus lineatus (golden wonders) on the commercial, and also at times they show the fire killie, Nothobranchius rachovii. Go to the website and they show the same fish, but in the FAQs they say the fish are Notho. korthausae. Notho. korthausae is a CARES fish.

They try to make it sound so simple. There will be lots of disappointed kids out there.

Isn't that a good thing if it's a CARES fish?

Leffler817

CCA Members
It seems kind of neat. But don't Killies need water movement and filtering? Its not a betta and the video shows giant brandy snifters with fish and water....IDK

Although, 8 killies for $26 is a good deal!!! I think, I once looked into getting some but the ones I was looking at were $26 a pair.