• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

my 55 gallon

TOMMYN3D

Members
This is one of my 55 gallon tanks. It houses 4 Hajomaylandi (3 males and 1 female) I know, I know, it should be 1 male and 3 females ,but they were thought to be 4 males untill the smallest had a mouth full 8 months later when they got a little bigger.1 male Mpanga red,and 3 Aulonocara stuartgranti mkondowe (orange shoulder peacock. and a Hap.
fish2005.jpg

family218.jpg

fish2002.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Nice fish, Tommy! I think those hajomaylandi are hawt! Is the dark blue one in the 2nd pic the female? How are these guys aggression-wise?

Is that hap a Tanzanian P. spilonotus? He sort of has that funky head shape and a yellow belly.

TOMMYN3D

Members
Nice fish, Tommy! I think those hajomaylandi are hawt! Is the dark blue one in the 2nd pic the female? How are these guys aggression-wise?

Is that hap a Tanzanian P. spilonotus? He sort of has that funky head shape and a yellow belly.
The hajomaylandi are my favorite fish that i keep.They were a gift from the president and founder oF EEC :rolleyes:.The 1st pic is of my dominate male and the dark blue fish in the 2nd pic i bought as a single fish at a auction about 2-3 years ago that was labled as a male Mpanga red (labcotropheus Trewavasae). He looks a little dark when i compare him to pics on the webs. what is everyones opinon on him? anyone here keep these?
This was a all male tank untill the smallest female hajomaylandi was holding. On the 3rd pic you only see ma dominate male Hajomaylandi tail sticking out of the flower pot (his cave) and he is a monster:angry3: he keeps everyone in their in check.The hap? hes a hybrid:confused: that i took in from a fello hobbist that found him in his sump when he was about 3/4inch.I have a female Orange shoulder peacock in their with 2 males but i dont collect the fry just incase she breeds with the hap. I usually strip her after 2-3 days and dump the eggs to what ever i have growing out.can you say caviar.lol Oh yea aggression- not bad at all and the 3rd pic shows the female the smaller one on the top left. females only have less color in the face and not as bright but still good looking for a female.
Mike and Alisia thank you for the compliment.

TOMMYN3D

Members
The hajomaylandi are my favorite fish that i keep.They were a gift from the president and founder oF EEC :rolleyes:.The 1st pic is of my dominate male and the dark blue fish in the 2nd pic i bought as a single fish at a auction about 2-3 years ago that was labled as a male Mpanga red (labcotropheus Trewavasae). He looks a little dark when i compare him to pics on the webs. what is everyones opinon on him? anyone here keep these?
This was a all male tank untill the smallest female hajomaylandi was holding. On the 3rd pic you only see ma dominate male Hajomaylandi tail sticking out of the flower pot (his cave) and he is a monster:angry3: he keeps everyone in their in check.The hap? hes a hybrid:confused: that i took in from a fello hobbist that found him in his sump when he was about 3/4inch.I have a female Orange shoulder peacock in their with 2 males but i dont collect the fry just incase she breeds with the hap. I usually strip her after 2-3 days and dump the eggs to what ever i have growing out.can you say caviar.lol Oh yea aggression- not bad at all and the 3rd pic shows the female the smaller one on the top left. females only have less color in the face and not as bright but still good looking for a female.
Mike and Alisia thank you for the compliment.
I meant to type "ECC "can someone please change this for me(They were a gift from the president and founder oF EEC ) Thank you, Tommy

Last edited: