• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Moving to Hershey, PA

DCMW1

Members
I'll be moving to Hershey, PA soon and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good fish stores in the vicinity. I've become spoiled with Scales being so close. I hope there is something up there that is good as well. thanks guys.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
hmmm, I can ask for you. I have some buddies in the mechanicsburg area that might have an idea of what is up in that area.

lonlangione

Members
Hello,

I live in York County and I travel that area with my job. There are a few shops in the Harrisburg area, but you will not find anything like Scales in the area. None of the shops around this or that area carry live foods. That is the main reason I bring in blackworms every month. Two of the best shops around this area also closed with in the last two years. As far as supplies, you will be close to That Fish Place in Lancaster. Also, there is a club in the area, Aquarium Club of Lancaster County. We meet the 3rd Tuesday of the month except July and August. The president of the club lives in Hershey. You can find us at www.aclcpa.org

Lonny

Charlutz

Members
You're close enough to That Fish Place and to Frybabies that you should be able to get most anything you need.

DCMW1

Members
thanks for the replies. i'll look into That Fish Place. it's unfortunate they won't have anything like Scales

kaj41354

Members
First - Welcome to the Susquehanna Valley! Like Lonny, I also live in York and work in Harrisburg (near Hershey). The aCLC President lives in Hershey and I am sure he would be helpful as to what else may be around the area. As Lonny says, in addition to the CCA which is about a 2hour 15 minute drive from most of Hershey, the aCLC meets in Lancaster which is about a 30 minute drive. We are not a completely Cichlid Club but we do have some Cichlid folks (including the CCA President) who are members. In addition to the stores that Sarah mentioned there is also The Amazon Basement (http://theamazonbasement.com) run by Bev & Dale Newcomer who are members of both clubs. Enjoy and let us know when you are moving and such.

I'll be moving to Hershey, PA soon and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good fish stores in the vicinity. I've become spoiled with Scales being so close. I hope there is something up there that is good as well. thanks guys.