• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Moving far away - you benefit

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I have some things that have to go and I would like to see them go to club members. The prices are really good so I hope they go quickly. All are first come/first served. Call first but I plan to be home all day this Saturday and when I am not at the Silver Spring ACA meeting Sunday.

As far as I know Petco's dollar a gallon sale does not go this high.

I have 5 75 gallon tanks. They are $75 each. That is not cheap for a 75 but when you consider that each comes with complete hinged tops, a 110 Aquaclear, and a decent light (the first two with lights for which I paid $100 each) they become very good deals. 75s will travel in the trunk of almost any car. two of these got to me sticking out the back of my RX7.

2 55 gallon tanks for $25 each. These come with full hoods, light strips, and an Aquaclear 70. The light stip and Aquaclear are worth the $25.

There is also a 45 gallon with the same foot print as a 55. It comes with all the same extras and is also $25.

I have a wrought iron stand that will hold two 55s. It is a bit rusty but could be cleaned up with some navel jelly or simply elbow grease and sand paper. Anyone buys two of the above 55s and/or 45 I will throw it in. A 55 on top and 45 on the bottom makes a nice set-up. $50 and you have 100 gallon for new fish or maybe that quarantine tank you always wanted.

I have a 90 gallon glass tank professionally drilled in back for $100 with 30 gallon sump. I will throw in the pump and hose to use the sump. The sump has a drain and overflow drilled. There are full hinged tops and another Aquaclear 110 if you want it. The drilled openings in back can easily be plugged if you do not wish to use them right now. This is a very nice tank.

For the really cheap - I have two wood tanks with glass fronts. Anyone who has seen my wooden tanks knows these are quality tanks that will last as long as glass and have many advantages over an all glass tank. These tanks are 90 gallons and 135 gallons. You pick them up and you can have them free for the asking.

I also have a super nice 270 gallon wood tank that you can have for $150. That was the price of the glass. The stainless steel screws, epoxy, and plywood were not cheap but I want to move it.

I also have a wooden 180 that I will also let go for $150 since the glass is the same size as the 270. The only problem with this one is that you also have to take the fish that currently inhabits this tank. It is a big one.

All of these things have to go quickly or I will start taking them to the Fairfax Solid Waste Transfer Station.

Email me at gandcrichter@verizon.net or call 703-834-0938.

I also have a few interesting catfish you might like if you come by. All sales are cash only. The catfish are free if you like them. I will help carry any of these tanks but you or your friends will have to hold up the other end.

Curmudgeon George

George

I have some unusual sucker mouth cats. They are not really large but also not dwarfs.

There are also two Amblydoras hancocki that are really nice fish. There is one calophysus that is something you will not see in your fish store and is very nice. I also have a uranoscopus which used to be Irwini. It will never reach it's potential size but is nice at about 8 inches. The three granulosus are fun and also not going to get much bigger than their 7 or 8 inches. You can find pictures of these if you want on the Planet catfish site. That is how they look.

George

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I saw George's plywood tanks last weekend when I was by his place picking up some fish. They are really nice tanks, and I would have picked up at least one of them if I had the room.

Don't let these go to the dump!

Good luck with the sale.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
George,

Talking to my brother now, but he'll probably take one of the lit 75 setups (be willing to pay for the light). I have to work on the stands on Saturday, but will get back to you as soon as I hear from him.

Thanks,
Tony

George

Again guys, some of you are good friends and I wish I could hold stuff for you. I need it all gone and will not. I will not be available Friday evening. The first one here Saturday, after 9:00 AM please, will get the best ones.

There will be no pictures of the 270 but it has a footprint of 3x6. It is 2 feet deep and has a 2x4 lip around the inside top to provide rigidity. It has two holes in the back that feed a home made wet/dry. The sump is a standard 55 that I will throw in with the pump that drives it. Water is returned through another fitting in back and a spray-bar in the tank to create current. $150 IS WAY TOO CHEAP FOR THIS WHOLE SET-UP!

longstocking

Members
You aren't allowed to move :(

I hope everyone takes everything George ... to help you ! Good luck with your move.

Will you be coming back up here for the ACA? I have to have someone to sit next to on the couches :(

George

You aren't allowed to move :(

I hope everyone takes everything George ... to help you ! Good luck with your move.

Will you be coming back up here for the ACA? I have to have someone to sit next to on the couches :(

I doubt that I will even be moved by the ACA but I will be here (there) in any case or John Kim will put out a hit on me. Couches? This is not registering. Must be another George:lol:.

George

TOMMYN3D

Members
Im sorry to hear that you will be moving so far away George. You have many friends that will miss you. Im also glad that you will still be around for the ACA to give us a chance to hang out with you.Plus you owe me a can of COKE and I owe you a few cigars. ;)

Hawkman2000

Members
Thank you again George. My mom really likes the tank I got for her. She is orderong a custon cabinet that matches the rest of her cabinets in her kitchen. Don't know if the kitchen is a good place for an aquarium, but at least she will have a nice system to enjoy now.

creepyoldguy

Members
George is a super nice and honest man. Im very happy w the 270 and it's quality build, I hope to pair up some rays in that tank soon.

There are a lot of nice 75s w quality lighting and good filters. People need to get on these deals! You're not going to find anything like them!

Thanks again George!

Hawkman2000

Members
If I had more room (and a more reasonable girlfriend(guess they are the same thing, LOL)), I would have taken a few of those 75s. 1/2 inch glass tanks are built to last. Plus the 2 bulb t5-ho lighting and aquaclear filters, there's no beating these deals. The free beer is a great bonus as well, LOL. :lol:

George

As you may have read the 270 is gone. There are still some nice 75 gallon tanks at ridiculous prices. I only have one 55 though. There is still a glass 90 for sale at $100 with full hood, light, and an Aquaclear 110.

For one day, tomorrow, the 180 is still available for $150 but if I still have it Monday, I am taking it with me. I hate to give it up.

How are the altifrons Matt? I could use the $120.

George

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi George - check's on its way :angel2: - fish are doing great!

Thanks,
Matt

As you may have read the 270 is gone. There are still some nice 75 gallon tanks at ridiculous prices. I only have one 55 though. There is still a glass 90 for sale at $100 with full hood, light, and an Aquaclear 110.

For one day, tomorrow, the 180 is still available for $150 but if I still have it Monday, I am taking it with me. I hate to give it up.

How are the altifrons Matt? I could use the $120.

George

longstocking

Members
I doubt that I will even be moved by the ACA but I will be here (there) in any case or John Kim will put out a hit on me. Couches? This is not registering. Must be another George:lol:.

George

This is good news! :jumpy: I will get every picture I can with you on a couch :p Then I can razz ya till no end :eek:

Maybe make a facebook page just for you! "Georgies Couches" :p