• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Moving 11/16 :-)!

Becca

Members
Between CCA feedback and my husband, it looks like we're planning to move the aquatic members of our family on Saturday 11/16.

We'll be heading from Montgomery Village, MD (20886) to Damascus, MD (20872).

The big tank (150 gallon) will take priority, with little tanks following if there's time/energy.

We'll feed, hydrate (or dehydrate), and do our best to entertain anyone willing and able to help.

I will also allow some scavenging/pillaging of plants in any of the tanks and/or the whiskey barrel.

It is not a task for the feint of heart or week of knees, as the tank has to make it up a flight of steps and out of a precariously narrow hallway. Moving it will be a true triumph that you can brag about to club members for many years to come.

If anyone has a truck they're willing to lend to our efforts, I will fill your gas tank.

Spine

Members
I will try and help out if I can. I have a van that will fit the tank but I work Saturdays now and don't know for sure what time I'll get off.:rolleyes:.

If I make it to Nov meeting I'll give you my number. Once I'm done at work I can stay as long as needed.
If you could do it on a Sunday I'm available anytime:angel2:

Becca

Members
I will try and help out if I can. I have a van that will fit the tank but I work Saturdays now and don't know for sure what time I'll get off.:rolleyes:.

If I make it to Nov meeting I'll give you my number. Once I'm done at work I can stay as long as needed.
If you could do it on a Sunday I'm available anytime:angel2:

Thanks!

I'll find you at the November meeting. I have a very big, strong, fish-tank savvy friend who can help early-ish on Saturday so I think we're looking at 12:30 or 1.

chriscoli

Administrator
The 16th is a very complicated day, but I can help the night before if you need help getting fish things prepped for the next day, or I can help on Sunday if you need help bringing the rest of the smaller stuff over.

Becca

Members
The 16th is a very complicated day, but I can help the night before if you need help getting fish things prepped for the next day, or I can help on Sunday if you need help bringing the rest of the smaller stuff over.

Help the night/day before would be awesome. I'm going to take that day off and will be spending A LOT of time getting things into rubbermaid bins.

I'm planning to get the 55 over there a day or two before we start to move the 150 so that some of the more sensitive fish can go in the 55 with some mature water some of the driftwood - namely the Amblydoras cats and the L183's.

I can move the 55 in my car, although the stand is another story. Thankfully, I have a much lighter 55 stand I can use if I can swap it out for the heavy one. Currently it's holding a 20 and a 15.

Becca

Members
It looks like we have a truck committed - double checking to make sure it will definitely fit the tank - and we're starting at 1pm.

I've got my husband, an old friend who knows his way around large fish tanks, and we'll probably need a 3rd strong-ish guy to get it out of the basement. I think we can get it off the truck and into the new house with 2 guys and my help, I think.

Of course, anyone who is willing and able to help is very welcome - I somehow doubt we can get too much help with this tank.