• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Morning Sun on my Peacock Tank

Pix aren't great, but take my word for it -- it's a pretty sight at 7 a.m., with the morning light coming into the peacock tank (blue orchids from Dykemyster). I have two little ABNs now to take care of the algae. I could close the drapes, but I like the sunlight in the tank . . .

friday2.jpg

friday3.jpg

friday4.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Looking great, Holly!!!

Looks like all three males are out and about. :)

bschuhart

Members
Nice, I just set up a 65gal with Yellow Labs, Demasoni and want to try live plants. What kind of plants are in your tank? What kind of substate and do you fertalize?

This is my first attempt at a planted African tank after several years of planted SA tanks. I have: crinium (onion) plants, java fern, several types of anubias and crypts. Nothing fancy. It's supposed to be low-maintenance. (The onion plants are from my planted tank, which is why they are so long and healthy. I don't expect to get much growth in this tank.)

I have less than 2 WPG and used Eco-complete planted substrate. I was originally dosing with Excel but have since stopped dosing anything. The little ABNs I added have finished off most of the green/brown algae. There is some hair/BBA, which I'm hoping doesn't get out of control . . .