• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mixing fry in a 5 gallon???

zackcrack00

Members
I just moved my trio of platys into my 29, and their fry are soon going to be released out of their plastic breeder box into the main 5, and I was wondering if I could put my krib fry with them. What do you guys think???

jonclark96

Past CCA President
How big are the kribs? If they are similar sized, you may be okay. I prefer to keep fry separate until they are large enough to equally compete for food and won't eat each other.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

CCA Members
If fish look like their mouth is big enough to eat another fish, it is. So if the size difference is big I would not do it. However if they are close it should be fine. It also helps that they get to roughly the same size, so they shouldn't grow at dramatically different rates.

In addition to the issue of one fry eating the other, I would not combine fry that look similar.

zackcrack00

Members
I think it's Tim to combine them. The Platy fry are a tad smaller, and the kribs are a bit deeper bodied, so to speak. Thanks for the advice! I will try it on Monday when I get him from vacation!