• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

might get this 180 but looks old not sure

JacobB89

Members
Found this Aquarium on craigslist hes 2hr drive from me but hard to tell age and condition of the tank and I dont know a ton about all that it has. So looking for some help here before i waste and drive and time and money.

Info and pictures I have thus far.
Tank no stand
lights
3 big Rubbermaid tubs used as filtration
bunch of supplies in one of the tubs
some kind of panel see picture no clue what it is for?(last picture)
2 chillers
He purchased a house and the tank was in it he know nothing about aquariums so he has no idea if anything works on not.
Tank is dirty not sure whats on it he said he sees no scratches though.

What would you say i should pay for it? Think the glass is messed up to far?
Looking to go get it saturday if people think its good to go.
Here are all the pictures I have
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

TMSB805

Members
Really cant tell the condition of the tank from the pics provided. I can say that it was a saltwater setup. do you plan on using it for freshwater? do you plan to keep the plumbing. As far as a price really hard to say. If the guy just wants to get rid of it you could probably get it for dirt cheap and sell what you don't want. Pretty sure you can get a pretty penny for those chillers depending on size/brand(The one looks to be at least 1/2 hp). Panel on the back looks like some sort of PDU(power distribution unit) that everything was wired into.

daninmd

Members
offer the guy $200 and see what he says. lots of good stuff. I would buy one of those black rubbermaid bins off you too!

JacobB89

Members
Yea he said 300 was his lowest if I lived closer I'd go look at it. Buy after talking to people on MFK said with not knowing if anything works or even if tank holds water its not worth it. So I'll keep looking for a 180.
As for OP I think I'm going to do saltwater tank so want overflows rather then make my own.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I know a guy who bought a 300 gallon tank off of creggs list, there where no pictures of the tank filled up with water, long story short, when he came back from work he saw 300 gallons of water and a few hundred dollars worth of fish all over his floor. So if your buying a tank off creggs list, make sure you can see it filled up with water.

JacobB89

Members
I know a guy who bought a 300 gallon tank off of creggs list, there where no pictures of the tank filled up with water, long story short, when he came back from work he saw 300 gallons of water and a few hundred dollars worth of fish all over his floor. So if your buying a tank off creggs list, make sure you can see it filled up with water.

Yea totally agree I'm just gonna try to find a better one I look everyday I'm addicted I got a sump last week just because it was a good deal lol don't even have a tank yet.

TMSB805

Members
300!?! Get it!!! Those chillers go for a minimum $400. Rubbermaid tubs $40-50. Its actually a steal no matter how you look at it. You can sell that stuff and buy a bigger tank. Just saying.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Totally...

Worst case scenario you need to reseal the 180g. Chances are you won't...

Matt

300!?! Get it!!! Those chillers go for a minimum $400. Rubbermaid tubs $40-50. Its actually a steal no matter how you look at it. You can sell that stuff and buy a bigger tank. Just saying.

JacobB89

Members
yea thats if they work and if the tank holds water i mean in worse case im sure i could break even but 4 hours driving getting people to help and gas i just don't know.
Looking at a 165 bow front now that's withing 25 min away.

I think that you may be crossing up this thread and the bowed 150 that Arlene supposedly bought off Craigslist for $50. I do not recall seeing that someone actually picked this up from CCA.