• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Melanochromis Johanni ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppelin2088

Members
In the pics I've seen I didn't notice any verticle dark blue bars. Also when I bought him at about 1.5" long he was already blue. I was told they are yellow at first? The tips of his dorsal and tail fin are turning yellow though. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vinman

Members
that is a hybrid that comes out of Asia as a Electric Blue Johanni. It is a cross I believe with a Likoma Island Elongatus and a Johanni or maingano

vinman

Members
You could've been talking about the Interruptus. So you're saying my fish is a hybrid?

yes 100%, no way even come close to a Interruptus or any other type of Melanochromis What you got is a cross I seen them come out of Asia by the thousands as Electric Blue Johani . A Electric Blue Johanni is a Melanochromis Cyaneorhabdos aka "maingano"

Last edited:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
johannii and maingano/cyaneorhabdos are two different species.

vinman

Members
So I've got a maingano?

No you got a hybrid How many times you got to be told the same thing, you got a Asian Hybrid that is called a Electric blue Johanni but it is not . It is a Hybrid . 100% I seen your fish come out of Asia by the Thousands !!!!

Sorry for the bad news just except it you got a mutt

Last edited:

vinman

Members
I misread what you wrote. No reason to be a douche bag about it.

I'm not being a D-Bag. I told you 3 times it is a cross and you keep insisting it is something else. It is not my fault . I came on here to help you out, not to be called names.

Shame on you !!!! You won't get much help here with a attitude like that.

Last edited:

vinman

Members
I asked if it was a hybrid(not something else) then a maingano...so once. Anyway...thanks for the info regardless.

Here look at my posts, look how many time I told you it was a Hybrid

that is a hybrid that comes out of Asia as a Electric Blue Johanni. It is a cross I believe with a Likoma Island Elongatus and a Johanni or maingano

My fish?

who else, you posted the fish to be Identified :wink:

yes 100%, no way even come close to a Interruptus or any other type of Melanochromis What you got is a cross I seen them come out of Asia by the thousands as Electric Blue Johani . A Electric Blue Johanni is a Melanochromis Cyaneorhabdos aka "maingano"

No you got a hybrid How many times you got to be told the same thing, you got a Asian Hybrid that is called a Electric blue Johanni but it is not . It is a Hybrid . 100% I seen your fish come out of Asia by the Thousands !!!!

Sorry for the bad news just except it you got a mutt

Status
Not open for further replies.