• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Marine Salt?

Malawimania

Members
Can I use marine salt in my african cichlid tank? I searched the forum and read some of the discussions about people who use 1 tsp per 5 gallons of water. I added the marine salt to my 220 gallon aquarium to cure my electric blue's pop eye. The pop eye is from him scratching his eye on a rock, not from a fungal infection, water changes are far too frequent for that to occur. I also googled "marine salt in cichlid tanks", after I treated the tank of course. There were mixed feelings on whether or not to add marine salt to your cichlid tank. I'm just a little nervous now, my tank is well stocked and would hate for anything to go wrong. Anyone with any advice on this? The fish have been doing fine over the last hour thus far.

- Steve

YSS

Members
I used to use marine salt for my african tank and had no issues. These days, I don't add anything anymore. I use same tap for my discus and africans. Probably not ideal ...

Malawimania

Members
I used to use marine salt for my african tank and had no issues. These days, I don't add anything anymore. I use same tap for my discus and africans. Probably not ideal ...

Thanks for the response I was sweating bullets for a bit...lol