• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Malawi vs. Tanganyika vs. Victoria

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Rich,

He was joking. It's sorta a running joke about the "dark" and "light" side with Sarah and him mockingly at each other's throats... I can see how a new comer might mistake his, "fury" lol but it is all in good fun.

Thanx Lady Lively, I appreciate that;)))

longstocking

Members
lol guys... Richard and I have been giving each other a hard time about this for a couple years.

The dark side comments came about many years ago when I was joking around with a former member of the club.... they just kind of stuck because me and this other guy were really the only ones breeding tangs in the area.

I'm getting old....

And yes... Richard I still wub you :) Always will !

Last edited:

Lively

Members
yeah... I can see that now. it is so tough sometimes to tell "emotion" in type, especially when you are not familiar with the person... I was sitting there like "um... wow... okay then"... LOL...

but I got it now. hey... I have been to some discus forums... suffice it to say, you just never know WHAT will set some folks off! :lol:

-Rich

Yeah, I know what you mean about telling the emotion behind a post... and not knowing the person... so you'll just have to come to meetings! lol

Lively

Members
Hehe - all my tanks are on the darkside today... i tend to leave the lights off when it's cloudy out - I dunno why I started doing it but once I thought about I decided it was kinda cool to emulate a cloudy day for the fishies once and awhile.

Oh, I'm supposed to be writing... oops lol

Spine

Members
Just makin sure you weren't gonna break out the light saber on me at the next meeting. :D
Lmao,Mike you had me rolling for a good ten minutes.
I hope Richard doesn't find out that I'm a closet dark sider. I have to sit next to him at the meetings.lol

guarddog5

CCA Members
Just my two cents worth, I've been keeping Africans' for a little over 25 years, and have gone from Victorian, Malawi, to Tanganyikan, and slid into Discus for a split second and than back all over again. They are all beautiful fishes and I have enjoyed all of them. But lately I been interested not only in behavior, also color and the various shapes, the featherfins, tropheus, lamps, and lately my new project, growing and watching E. Kilesa. Someone said in an earlier post that tangs don't have color? Has anyone seen a full grown breeding E. Kilesa male? Not too many ugly featherfins, or tropheus? Not to step on anyone's opinion, but I'm currently enamored with tangs myself. Sorry Richard, I have slipped to the dark side myself, LOL!

Jim

Sonny Disposition

I didn't say tangs don't have color. I said that, on average, Malawi has more colorful fish than Tanganyika does. But color isn't everything. There isn't too much that's cooler than an ictalurid gliding along the bottom. Most are dull brown or grey. But still an incredibly neat fish.

Just my two cents worth, I've been keeping Africans' for a little over 25 years, and have gone from Victorian, Malawi, to Tanganyikan, and slid into Discus for a split second and than back all over again. They are all beautiful fishes and I have enjoyed all of them. But lately I been interested not only in behavior, also color and the various shapes, the featherfins, tropheus, lamps, and lately my new project, growing and watching E. Kilesa. Someone said in an earlier post that tangs don't have color? Has anyone seen a full grown breeding E. Kilesa male? Not too many ugly featherfins, or tropheus? Not to step on anyone's opinion, but I'm currently enamored with tangs myself. Sorry Richard, I have slipped to the dark side myself, LOL!

Jim

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Oh come on Richard, come to the dark side. You can feel the lust and power by switching to Tangs!

Jim

Never!!!!!!!!:angry3::angry3::angry3:
Yoda.gif

"The Power of the Force is Strong."

aswobiwanjedi6172684sn9.jpg

rich_one

Members
Darth Maul... what an overrated Sith lord he turned out to be.

oh yeah... sorry... this is a fish thread... :D

Lively

Members
Darth Maul... what an overrated Sith lord he turned out to be.

oh yeah... sorry... this is a fish thread... :D

Nah - it's a laugh at the silly people thread :)

They really do make me laugh - I prefer my CA's over all my fish - I'm definately a Dempsey gal.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have kept fish from 3 lakes, and New world. They all have good points and bad points but it was Lake Malawi that paid for 1/2 of my tanks. lol Or should I say Demasoni paid for them. lol

Of course the older tanks were paid for by my Angels. lol

In fact right now I have at least one fish from all 3 lakes plus the new world.