• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mag 7 to the rescue!

chris_todd

Members
So with all this rain, we discovered that three out of four of our sump pumps are not working. :-( the one that is working is in the crawl space underneath the kitchen bump out, but the three in the basement connected to the French drain system (in other words, the ones I need the most) are not working.

Mag 7 and a python to the rescue! My sump well is now being drained into the laundry room sink We'll see if it can keep up, but this is one of those days when I'm glad to be a fish keeper with lots of extra stuff on a shelf in our laundry room. And my wife asked me "what are you going to use that for?" when I bought it. Hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hawkman2000

Members
My friends wife went to buy a sump pump for their basement during a big storm last year. Went to HoDo,Lowes...sold out. So she went to an aquarium store and got a pond pump. And she doesn't even keep aquariums, clever girl.

chris_todd

Members
My friends wife went to buy a sump pump for their basement during a big storm last year. Went to HoDo,Lowes...sold out. So she went to an aquarium store and got a pond pump. And she doesn't even keep aquariums, clever girl.

Yeah, that's clever.

The mag 7 was much slower than the sump pumps, but it did the job. Given how unreliable my sump pumps are, I'm seriously considering alternative arrangements.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hawkman2000

Members
If the pump have one of the ball on a chord thingamajigs, usually shaking the ball for a bit fixes the problem.