• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ludwigia takes over

FishEggs

Here's what happens when you don't trim ludwigia for several months. This is a 75gal tank with custom canopy. I had to lift the canopy up so I could trim the plants. They were growing out the back coming up over the canopy. (Reason i figured it was time to trim it) Lighting is 2 T5HO 6500k generic bulbs. It got so dense it strangled out duck weed.20170802_173404.jpg 20170802_173352.jpg 20170802_173331.jpg 20170802_173339.jpg coincidentally anyone want some ludwigia? Lol

FishEggs

Wow! That's some impressive growth! Any fish in there?
Bunch of endlers, dozen or so cories, pair of rainbow cichlids, a rainbow shark and some cherry shrimp. Used to be a couple blonde bristle nose plecos in there but I haven't seen them in a while.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Don't trim those plants. Just start calling it a palludarium. Everybody wins!

Blaise

Reactions: Cal

FishEggs

It's gotten so dense that I'm having a hard time feeding the fish. Also it's killing most of the other plants underneath it. I cut it back to about a 1 foot square floating mat of it.