• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Love Them Shellies

kaj41354

Members
Last night I got home after the ACLC meeting to see that in the tank of L. ocellatus"gold" all but one of them was on the right side of the tank and the remaining female was the reason. She was guarding what appears to be a shell full of fry. After straining the old bifocals I did see a couple of little fry near the edge of the shell but she made sure that they went back in. These are fast becoming my favorite residents. Great little fish

Julie

Members
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Congrats Kurt!! Funny how we were talking about them at the meeting... guess they must have their spies around... :rolleyes: </span>

maddog10

Members
They are one of the most interesting groups of fish you can keep in an aquarium. They can keep you entertained for YEARS!

kaj41354

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Julie @ Jun 18 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Congrats Kurt!! Funny how we were talking about them at the meeting... guess they must have their spies around... :rolleyes: </span>[/b]

Yes Julie, I was very surprised when I got home and she is really protective....Can't wait till they grow up...they keep coming to the entrance of the shell and mom keeps going over and "scaring" them back in.

Doane

Members
Congrats, I am new to the forums, but its always good to hear about these little guys procreating! I have some stapps, amazing fish!