• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Lost my Festae

OK so I have been searching for a pair of Red Festae for a week I believe and finally came across a pair from James. The male was 11" and the female 9". A lovely pair and thanks by the way James. Well I got home around 2am this morning to find my male no longer breathing. Talking about somebody being pissed off smh. So now I have to find a male all over again.
:mad:uploadfromtaptalk1392905576059.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392905610457.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392905629715.jpg

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1392905576059.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392905610457.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392905629715.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yeah, sorry dude, but Jon's right... you should be able to find a male.

Did the female axe him?

Yeah, sorry dude, but Jon's right... you should be able to find a male.

Did the female axe him?

Nope...
No damage fins nor marks on the male. Water quality is good and all the other fish in the tank are under 3". I really don't know what happened.

I've personally killed a large pair of festea. I FEEL YOUR PAIN BRO!

Drew

I dont recall seeing your festae pair when i came down with Nick.

That sucks man.
My old male (the reason my username is festaedan) jumped out of the his tank.

Smh I know you was pissed. I just think it's crazy how the fish just died like that. He was breathing really hard as if he didn't have any oxygen. I only had him for 72 hours.

rich_one

Members
My most recent pair, well, at first, success! They spawned! But then they ate the eggs. Things went downhill from there. I got home from work one day, went into the basement, and OMG... white flesh was hanging from the side of the female! DAMMIT! I immediately move the male to my vieja community tank, and I add some salt to the female's tank. I chill in the basement rest of the night to be sure the female is stable, and the male is getting along in the community tank. After watching for hours, everything's good. I go to bed.

Next day, I come down... male's dead. DAMMIT! But the female is alive. So I keep treating the tank over the following days... and weeks, with water changes and a little salt.

Finally, the females wound begins to heal. She's never going to look quite the same, but at least the red has returned to her wound. I decide I'll keep her anyway... she survived a massive beat down from the male, but seemed on her way to a full recovery.

Last week, I go into the basement to feed my fish after coming in from work. Female dead.

DAMMIT!

I still have several young adult festae that are looking really good and coming into their own... I almost got rid of these too... I'll see how they come along. But based on their fate, I think this is my last dance with festae. We'll see. I hope you find a male, man!

-Rich

My most recent pair, well, at first, success! They spawned! But then they ate the eggs. Things went downhill from there. I got home from work one day, went into the basement, and OMG... white flesh was hanging from the side of the female! DAMMIT! I immediately move the male to my vieja community tank, and I add some salt to the female's tank. I chill in the basement rest of the night to be sure the female is stable, and the male is getting along in the community tank. After watching for hours, everything's good. I go to bed.

Next day, I come down... male's dead. DAMMIT! But the female is alive. So I keep treating the tank over the following days... and weeks, with water changes and a little salt.

Finally, the females wound begins to heal. She's never going to look quite the same, but at least the red has returned to her wound. I decide I'll keep her anyway... she survived a massive beat down from the male, but seemed on her way to a full recovery.

Last week, I go into the basement to feed my fish after coming in from work. Female dead.

DAMMIT!

I still have several young adult festae that are looking really good and coming into their own... I almost got rid of these too... I'll see how they come along. But based on their fate, I think this is my last dance with festae. We'll see. I hope you find a male, man!

-Rich

I hope everything works out with the rest of them. If you ever decide to get rid of the others please keep me in mind sir.

rich_one

Members
I hope everything works out with the rest of them. If you ever decide to get rid of the others please keep me in mind sir.

Thanks, Chris. At the moment, I expect to just hold on to them and see how they develop.

-Rich