• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Lost Luggage Blues

Spine

Members
My bag got lost by the Airlines.Has anyone had any experience with the Airlines losing their luggage.
I want to be fully armed when I deal with them, I'm thinking that I'll probably get a run around,it's been two days already,so I don't think they're going to find my stuff. :mad:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Don't have any experience myself with lost luggage. I hope you didn't have any fish in the bags coming home from your trip, did you?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Did you get a claim from the airline?

They should contact you if they find it...or go through the rules for reimbursing you.

Good luck!
Matt

emartin

Members
A few years back we came back home from a mini-vacation to Dublin, Ireland and they lost our bags that were filled with digital cameras, video cameras, souvenirs, etc for over a week.

At the end of the week though we woke up to find at bags neatly stacked at our front door. The airlines must've delivered them in the middle of the night.

That's Continental Airlines for you :). I've never had a bad experience with Continental or United Airlines (NOT United Airways) where they didn't in the end make everything right.

Bad yeah I know how god awful it is to have them lose your luggage. It's a nightmare... I haven't been on a domestic flight in years, but that's why when we always were on one we always brought one huge bag onto the plane with us instead of checking it into baggage.

...though of course now I hear airlines are charging more for allowing you to bring baggage onto the plane and nickel and diming fliers to death....

fischfan13

Banned
Another reason why I don't fly. Still to this day I have never lost luggage in my car...just loose change.

Sorry Kev.
I hope your ECC boxers weren't in those bags.

longstocking

Members
Not a lot of experience... but some. It's the reason I always carry the expensive scuba gear with me (regulators and computers).... I hope you had your camera with you!

All you can do is hope it shows up.... remember, it could be in Asia for all you know.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
That stinks Kevin. You probably flew one of those crap US airlines instead of TACA or COPA. Next time you need to come with me on TACA. I hope you had the camera in your carry-on.

George

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yeah, sorry Kevin. That blows.

So..... other than the lost luggage, how'd it go? Pics?

Spine

Members
My camera cords where in the luggage. If I don't hear anything(from the airlines) by tomorrow I'll go buy new one's,no pic's until then.

Last edited:

Leffler817

CCA Members
Oh man that really sucks. I flew to Germany a few years ago and Northwest/KLM lost my bags during a lay over in Amsterdam. I missed my connecting flight and was re-routed. The bags made one of my two connecting flights and then ended up in Berlin while I was in Leipzig. Three days later my luggage arrived! It was my first flight, I was alone in Germany and very stressful. In my carry on, I had some snacks touristy stuff but no toiletries or change of clothes. I had to go shopping. I really hope they find your bags. Keep the faith man!

Spine

Members
Airlines just called they finally found my luggage. I guess 4 days isn't too long a time, they're are going to deliver it on Friday.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Great news Kevin. At least there weren't any fish in there. It really is too bad you didn't have any fun in Peru. Just don't tell these guys or they might all want to come and I won't be able to get a flight. TACA or COPA folks.

George

Airlines just called they finally found my luggage. I guess 4 days isn't too long a time, they're are going to deliver it on Friday.

fischfan13

Banned

Great to hear Kevin...I'm still looking for the 2 quarters I lost in the car the other day.:unsure: