• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking to buy some nice African peacocks and Plecos

Dmhcichlids

Members
If anyone has some nice african peacocks and Plecos in the Md. Pa or Dc area I would be interested in buying as I am trying to stock a show tank and some breeder tanks. I am in the Harford county area. Thanks

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have haplochromis sp ruby green males and females. Males are colored up 4 bucks each.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

Talk to Dave Glover. He lives in Abingdon. I was at his house yesterday. WOW he has some nice peacocks. He is a good guy also.

toddnbecka

Members
I have a spare adult male eureka red, breeding groups of ruby reds, a few Tramitochromis intermedius, and too many BN pleco's available. Most of the BN are regular browns, but I also have fire red juvies available.
I also have a large number of Australoheros oblongum (juvies) and Cryptoheros cutteri (breeding size) available, and a handful of L-10a red lizard whiptail juvies remaining.

Dmhcichlids

Members
Hi can you give info on the fire red plecos do you have any pics, also can you tell me about your strain of ruby reds. Thanks
I have a spare adult male eureka red, breeding groups of ruby reds, a few Tramitochromis intermedius, and too many BN pleco's available. Most of the BN are regular browns, but I also have fire red juvies available.
I also have a large number of Australoheros oblongum (juvies) and Cryptoheros cutteri (breeding size) available, and a handful of L-10a red lizard whiptail juvies remaining.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Thanks what is TFW?
Tropical Fish World. They are located in Gaithersburg MD. They are a nice store and generally stock large male peacocks. Today is the last day of their Columbus Day sale, but all fish are 50% off. They are worth checking out in the future if you can't make it today.

toddnbecka

Members
The fire reds are a variant of the more common marble bristlenose. Just as effective at cleaning algae as the more common color variants, but they do seem to be slightly smaller than the browns. I got 8 unsexed juvies from Germany last year and ended up with 6m/2f. The juvies I have available now were bred and raised in hard, alkaline water (pH 7.4-7.6) because I use crushed coral to buffer my tanks. Raised on a staple diet of NLS Grow pellets, occaisonally spirulina flake, and canned green beans twice weekly.
Pic of a few juvies:
P1040490.jpg

Adult male; females look the same except for the bristles:
P1040445.jpg

The ruby red peacocks came from a seller who listed them on cichlid-forum last spring. I got a dozen 1" fry and have grown them out. There are 2 males showing color now, one (the dominant male) more red than the other. As far as I can tell most of the rest are females, though there may be another male or two that haven't shown themselves yet. They're currently around 3"+ and spawning, but with so many of them sharing a 75 with 5 adult mbuna there aren't likely to be many (if any) fry growing out in the tank.
Here's an older (bad) pic of the male ruby red:
P1040449.jpg