• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for shell dwellers

graffan77

CCA Members
Hello everyone, Any has multis, similis, or brevis for my new 20 gallon long setup? I'm in Northern VA.

Suggestions are welcome. Thank you

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I have Lamprologus Gold Ocellatus (F2) (Lake Tanganyikan SHELL DWELLER)
young about 1 inch fish $20 each ( 10 available), pairs are $60 (two pairs available)
Could meet at any PVAS or CCA meeting. Or ship.

graffan77

CCA Members
Does 'pair' mean a male+female, while 'each' means they are too young to be sexed yet?

A bit hesitant as my tank is small, and I read ocellatus show more intraspecific aggression than multis. Would it be okay if I confirm a couple of days before the PVAS meet on May 4th?

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member

graffan77

CCA Members
Thank you Frank. I did some research and I'd like to purchase 6 juveniles. I'll send you an email as well.

I hope they are not siblings as I'd like them to be married with babies in the future :)

Freakgecko

Members
Thank you Frank. I did some research and I'd like to purchase 6 juveniles. I'll send you an email as well.

I hope they are not siblings as I'd like them to be married with babies in the future :)
That’s not a big concern in fish, especially this closely removed from the wild (f2 means second generation removed from wild). That’s actually the whole concept of linebreeding, and how many popular color morphs of fish have come about