• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for fish ideas

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
I have a tank with no main fish. It has one large goldfish (was to be food years ago, ugh) one large standard pleco, 4 tiny long fin plecos and a zebra loach. I am looking for some neat fish ideas that can be added into this misfit tank. Not wanting something that is aggressive or will want to be a solitaire fish. My tank is a 65 gallon square. Would like maybe small to medium, and maybe colorful.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Though not what you're looking for, the loach needs some friends.

Personally, I'm a fan of large schools of small fish rather than a few large or mid-sized ones. I have a 65 and a a school (or two) of 20 or so small tetras looks great. Tetras go with the pleco, for a SA "theme" Small barbs or rasboras with the loach for the SE Asia/India theme.

Blaise

Becca

Members
I have some giant danios you could have. They're fast and kind of pretty. I meant them to be food for the fahaka puffer, but, um... well, they're bigger than he is. You could do angel fish if the tank is tall enough.

Blaise is 100% correct about your loach needing buddies. They are super amusing in groups of 6 or more.

lgfelic lgfelic was selling "Batfish barbs" a while back - they're very pretty and overall robust fish.

B b considine - I have one lonely danio choprae with your name on it. Come and get her.

lgfelic

Members
I have a LOT of giant danios you can have. I keep them with peacocks right now. Also have a lot of butterfly cichlids.