• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

LOOKING FOR: Female Jewel Cichlids

gardengirl

Members
Hey Cichlid Fans,

I have three jewel cichlids. It turns out they are all males. Does anyone have any females they would like to sell or trade? My males are very colorful and large. Thanks! :):):)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I have a couple extra of the mellow guttatus variety

My understanding is that many/most of the LFS variety are co-mingled or hybrids already - doesn't seem to be much difference in morphology/appearance between mine and the ones I see commercially available, definitely mellower than ones I've kept in the past. Good parents.

Grundsau

Members
I have 3 left over after a pair formed. Unfortunately, I can't tell if they are males or females. You can have the 3 for free. If there was a meeting in December I would bring them to the meeting. I have heat packs and styrofoam boxes. I could ship them if you're willing to pay for the shipping.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
No thank you

I have two spawning pairs besides the extra females and the only reason I got them is because they're far less aggressive than typical Hemichromis.