• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for Decent place to buy fish DC/MD/Va

with the closing of Wally's in silver spring can anyone tell me of any other decent privately owned store on the md/dc/va area? currently looking for some place to get red bellies and a couple of silver aros

jonclark96

Past CCA President
There are several good LFS in the area, and it all depends how far you want to go. Some with a good selection are:

Tropical Fish World in Gaithersburg
House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie
Ricks in Frederick
Super Petz in Annandale
Congressional Aquarium in Rockville

Do a search on the forum. I'm pretty sure there was a thread not too long ago about all the local stores, right around the time that Scales closed.

Lively

Members
You won't find piranha in any VA store, they are illegal here. Not sure why, but they are so you won't find 'em in VA.

cmcpart0422

Members
Both tropical fish world and congressional in rockville normally have a few baby red bellies. I have seen small aros in TFW but never congressional. I would call before you went there though. I have been to river dale pets before and it is a mess there. They have loads of piranhas but I was a little upset with the condition of the place and how many cloudy tanks I saw dead fish in. If you buy from there I would strongly suggest you use a quarantine tank. Good luck finding what your looking for.

Pristine Aquarium is 5 miles from Wally's and Superpets is 3 miles from wally's. Both these stores have a good fish collection. I prefer Pristine Aquarium. There are plenty of fish stores close. I did not know about the closing of Wally's. That sucks they were a good source for tanks and equipement. Are they completely gone?

Pristine Aquarium is 5 miles from Wally's and Superpets is 3 miles from wally's. Both these stores have a good fish collection. I prefer Pristine Aquarium. There are plenty of fish stores close. I did not know about the closing of Wally's. That sucks they were a good source for tanks and equipement. Are they completely gone?

LOL I thought you were talking about Wally's in VA. My bad. I just actually read the full post.:wacko:

Davey_8313

Members
For piranhas, I'd say your best choice would be Riverdale Pets. They have a huge selection of sizes and different types. They also have arowanas, I believe.

Paul S

Try Showcase Aquarium in Wheaton. Joe, the owner, is a super nice guy and his stock is usually very good - all hand selected by him.