• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for an Oscar

nolan31

Members
Does anyone know a good Oscar dealer, or have a 4-6 inch Oscar in good shape that ur looking to get rid of?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

nolan31

Members
I'm new to this site is there a way to find him on here

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Andrewtfw is his user name. You could send him a PM.

I just noticed you are in Omaha. The CCA is a local fish club in the Washington DC area. Shipping a big oscar like Andrew has may be difficult, not to mention expensive.

Jon

nolan31

Members
Ya I guess the only fish I've ever had shipped were small piranha

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Dan Ye Jennings at americancichlids.net has wild oscars on her list. She's in Denver, so shipping my not be too bad. You may want to check with her if you are willing to have fish shipped in.

nolan31

Members
That's an awesome web site on lookin at it now I never heard of it aright so 1 Oscar that salvi and I can fit a pike in right? Might be a lil cramped eventually but I think we've all seen people do a lot worse right?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Nolan,

Totally random, but I think your dogs may be related to mine, lol. Your avatar pic is pretty small, you your boys certainly remind me of my Elvis and Timmy.... (You can't see all of Tim, but he has the same brown coat that yours does).

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Thanks for the plug, Jon. I have a 10" albino red oscar that is free to a good home (see old thread in marketplace). Due to it's weight/size, shipping it is not at all cost effective. Check your local craigslist. Also, check with your local fish store and see if they know someone trying to part ways with an oscar (it happens more often than one might think). I have even seen oscars available through the local animal shelter (not often, but have seen it).

nolan31

Members
Haha ya I love my pits there awesome the black ones half Dalmatian that's my girls. About the Oscar though as crazy as it sounds I can't find one in Omaha except PETCO and I refuse to buy a fish there but I saw a guy with a red tiger managers for 40 its I think 8 inches. I've heard of people shipping piranhas at that size but I'm new to cichlids so I asked the guy if its doable

nolan31

Members
And Andrew with weight and size what would shipping something like that cost

verbal

CCA Members
Check your local craigslist. Also, check with your local fish store and see if they know someone trying to part ways with an oscar (it happens more often than one might think).

Start with the Local pet store.

You might try posting a CL ad looking for an oscar. Mention that you are providing a good home(maybe even a tank pic) and willing to pay a reasonable re-homing fee. I imagine there is some one in your area who bought a cute 3" oscar at Pet* that they are now regretting.