• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for an odd-sized glass or plexi hinged lid

Shinchan

Members
I'm looking for an odd-sided lid for my 37 gallon tall AGA tank. Either glass or plexi is fine as long as it is hinged.

Lid should be 18 3/4" wide x 16 3/4" deep. I know it's a weird one.

I'll buy either a pre-made lid or if anybody makes or knows somebody who makes custom hinged lids I'm up for that as well.

Lid does not have to be super-thick as it will only have to support itself, the lighting is on legs.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Miles glass on Piney Branch road cuts glass to your specs. Some Lowes do to just not as good.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

mab

Members
I cut my own. Rather easy to do. I salvage glass from broken tanks and cut to size for whatever application is needed. You can order hinges, handles, and the back pieces on-line.

Michael

Shinchan

Members
do you just use a regular glass cutter to cut the glass and how are the cut edges? Do you need to smooth them out?

mrkillie

Members
I'm looking for an odd-sided lid for my 37 gallon tall AGA tank. Either glass or plexi is fine as long as it is hinged.

Lid should be 18 3/4" wide x 16 3/4" deep. I know it's a weird one.

It's called a 37 Column, and I don't believe they are made anymore. There was actually a stand for one at the PVAS auction on Sunday, but I didn't see a glass canopy.