• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for a tank mate!

Mcass

I have an unusual setup that I am trying to add too. I have a 76 gallon half round with a 10" jack Dempsey, an 8-9" Livingstonii, and a 13" Pleco. It's an unusual mix but they have been together since they were all about 2-3". I would like to introduce more fish. Any suggestions on species and numbers would be appreciated. If it helps, they were both in a 55 gallon mbuna tank until about 7-8 months ago and neither have been real aggressive with other fish. I look forward to your comments!

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

CCA Members
You probably want something big and not too aggressive. Livingtonii have a bit of a bad reputation, but IME they aren't too bad. Do you have a male or female?

I would probably try a green terror or severum. Another option might be dither fish like giant danios or silver dollars.

eden2020

Members
New fish..

Sometimes leaving the odd couple or trio in your case is the best plan. However, I am a walking tribute to odd groupings. Refusing to devote an entire 180 gallon to one large Oscar, she has several friends including: Large Synodontis (5 of them), a couple VERY large male peacocks, a pair of medium peacocks, two large Lelupi, two large brichardi, and three super cool Protomelas Imperials or something. Also a few odds and ends, orange zebra, yellow labs. Everyone gets along great but there is definitely a pecking order. Honestly, it is a catch all for now.. Until I can rehome some stuff before the move.

So- my suggestions is something big as well, like the previous post, but rearrange that tank to give the new member, or members an opportunity to find some space..

Good luck..