• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Linear Piston Air Pump FS

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
LINEAR PISTON AIR PUMP FOR SALE
AC 0602 is a linear piston air PUMP that consumes 54 watts, so it is like running a 60-watt light bulb. It is quiet and vibration free. It runs 20 TO 40 outlets/aquariums. It is rated for 40 liters of air a minute.
I also have a replacement piston and gasket which will go with the pump. The original piston is still going strong after 4 years of operation. But as my fish room grew, it was replaced with a larger linear pump.

$100

This pump is made by Medo www.medousa.com

Current purchase price:
AC0602-A1003-D4-0511 Linear piston air pump, $315.00 net each plus shipping,
LB03248-0, Piston Set Assembly, $55.00 net each plus shipping,
LP12593-0, Head Cover Gasket, $4.50 net each plus shipping.
Medo contact is Chris Gates
MEDO USA, Inc. 46 Chancellor Drive, Roselle, IL 60172
Toll Free USA: 800-843-6336 Phone: 630-924-8811 E-mail: cgates@medousa.com

Attached Images
attachment.php

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I thought I had this sold but the buyer never showed up.

I do have an intake filter to remove dust from the air being sucked in by the pump and the hose connections for the pump.

zackcrack00

Members
So it has 20 outlets??? How do I run a few sponge filters and air stones with this? I may be setting up a business if my mom accepts my business plan, and this would be great.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Well, with all high air output air pumps you connect the outlet of the pump to a manifold. The manifold is usually constructed of PVC pipe and hung from the ceiling or tacked to the wall so it is accessible from each tank. (See the pictures below.) That is, you construct a PVC pipe that sort of mimics the racks of tanks you have. You can use Ts and 90 degree turns of PVC to get the shape you want. Then you buy some air valves, they come in brass, metal (silver colored) or plastic, and the plastic ones are cheapest. The valves come in bulk and should have instructions with them as to how to attach to the manifold.(Try aquaticeco.com/ to get more info.) Then you drill the PVC where ever you want a outlet or drop to the tanks. You can add more valves as needed and expand the PVC manifold as needed.

Then you attach regular air line tubing to the valve and cut to fit to attach to air stone or sponge filter or whatever.

Use PVC of at least 1.5 inches diameter. I use 2 inch PVC.

air manifold 2.jpg

air manifold.jpg

Last edited: