• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Lights....

Duane911

Members
I need help figuring out wich light to get. When I took pics last night, they ( the fish ) looked way, way different. And I think the lights make the water appear lightly cloudy. In the pics, the water is crystal clear and the lava ricks just pop out at ya. Any suggestions ?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I like 50/50 or 8,000K and higher for spectrum. Brighter lights would help make taking pictures easier though. The lighting shouldn't affect how cloudy the water looks, but I can't say for sure. I'm not a photography buff, so I'll let others chime in.

Duane911

Members
I just want a light that brings out the true colors of the fish. When I took those photos ( I'll be posting pics tonight ) my fish looked so different. I don't know. Maybe the flash reflected off their scales and made them look more brilliant.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
6500K or "daylight" bulbs are supposed to reflect "natural light" but they have a more yellowish hue. I prefer the 50/50 and higher K rated bulbs because it brings out the blues in Africans. Its more of a personal choice but your camera flash can skew colors as well.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I like 10k the best, the light is a clean white, but like DnA said it's personal preference. You're camera is the problem with the colors, the flash from the side reflects on the fish. If you have other lights put them on there too, while taking pic's, and see if you can get away without using flash.