• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Light recommendations - 125G planted

abcdefghi

Members
Anyone have any recommendations on a light (or lights) for a 125G planted tank? At the moment I have a Beamswork LED unit on there as well as a couple shop lights, while I can grow things like Jungle Vals and thin leave plants really easily, I struggle to grow Crypts, Anubius, really anything with broader leaves. I know that part of this is due to having black diamond blasting sand, but even when I have added root tabs the broader leaf plants always seem to struggle.

I'm trying to avoid spending a fortune, not looking for high light either (already have enough issues with hard green algae, don't want to fight anymore) just looking for something that will let me grow simply plants like the previously mentioned crypts, anubius, java fern etc. Not opposed to it being 2 fixtures instead of a single 6' long one either.

Thanks.