• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Lets see how wet the forum is.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Reboot

This post was begun in June 2003 - probably ought to restart and fire up Round 2 since so many people have left/arrived since then and others like myself (626 gallons) didn't even know it existed.

Pretty sure there's about 18K gallons counted from TFW that no longer exists.

londonloco

Members
20+20+20+75+75+125+5+2+26=368

74463.5 + 368 = 74831.50

Next summer I'll be adding a 2500 gallon pond, right now it's roughed in but thought I shouldn't add it....

Plenipotentiary-at-large
My bad

I think you have the wrong Andrew in mind. The 15,000+ gallons was stated by the former owner of Scales, not me (Andrew- formerly of TFW).

Still think we should restart the count. No offense, but relying on 8-year old+ figures is pretty thin. Georege was down for 1000+ if I recall and I don't even know if he has a single tank up and running at present. Happy to play, but only if it's real.

verbal

CCA Members
Still think we should restart the count. No offense, but relying on 8-year old+ figures is pretty thin. Georege was down for 1000+ if I recall and I don't even know if he has a single tank up and running at present. Happy to play, but only if it's real.

Well I think you should do the honors and start the thread.

If you can do it without causing any drama lol Well I think we should be ok since it isn't a thread from a defensive non-member who sees the forum as her personal aquabid.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
From August of last year, I was at 981.

As of today:

180+150+2x125+4x50+4x40+45+29+2x20+15+9x10+2x5 = 1169

So - 76,531 - 981 + 1169 = 76,719

rich_one

Members
In my opinion, it's just as cool to see how many gallons came through CCA. In fact, I'd venture to say it's probably better tracking how many gallons came THROUGH CCA, as opposed to trying to track how many gallons are necessarily current. With some members posting frequently, some infrequently, and various members and former members coming and going, the situation is so fluid, that trying to have a current tally be accurate would probably be like trying to catch water with a strainer. It'll never happen.

At least this way, we know how many gallons have been reported having come through this club, since this tally started.

Just my two little unsolicited cents.

-Rich

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Well alright then.

Well I think you should do the honors and start the thread.

If you can do it without causing any drama lol Well I think we should be ok since it isn't a thread from a defensive non-member who sees the forum as her personal aquabid.

To reprise a really superlative thread concept, and moreover to make it contemporary, real and ergo truly meaningful, I do hereby and uncharacteristically humbly submit my 626 gallons among 33 tanks as the starting point for a new "How Wet is The CCA" thread that I expect to be closer to 100,000 than 75,000 gallons if we can get everyone who is a member to play.

Here's the link:http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?p=101046#post101046