• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Let us be thankful!!!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Let us be thankful for this wonderful club!!! A place where we can get together to talk about FISH! Where can you go to talk about fish...can you tell me??? Only here at the Capital Cichlid Association.

I mean I can't even go to any LFS to talk about fish except for maybe Scales with Andrew because he and I have developed a fellowship together, but the average person and LFS only care about the bottom line.

In this club I have developed a friendship with a handful of people who have the same passion that I have for FISH. Isn't that Great!!!! Where can you get that??? Why do we fight or argue over petty stuff when it comes to rules and regulations on auctions, fish, rules, and miscellanous bs.

It doesn't make sense to me. We must let go of our egos and respect the fact that the ones who have been voted in to represent the members only look out for their best interest.

OK guys and gals, let us be thankful for this wonderful club which I call the best Cichlid Club in the entire World!!!!

I am one of the strongest advocates of this Awesome Club, which I love so very much. And for those old friends who have doubts about returning, swallow your pride and come back and hang out with us so we can talk about ya know...Fish. And I'm on Vacation writing about this.:lol::D;)

Sincerely,

Richard

Last edited:

Lively

Members
I hope your weather is better than here... woke up to a dreary wet day!

Pride is a bitter pill to swallow without a good swig of humility to chase it down.

kaj41354

Members
Richard,

I agree with some of what you say. It is a great club and is one of the best that I have ever belonged to. But every organization and it's board needs to have the opinions of the general membership aired, whether they agree or not. If you don't have those little petty arguments that means that everybody agrees with what the board has decided. If you think that that is ever possible, well I have this bridge and some land in the everglades to sell you. Everybody has their opinion and it is not always going to be expressed in a manner that is "civil" but it is still their opinion and if you are a member of a clubs BOD you need to listen. You don't have to agree but you do have to listen. This is the members way of making sure that the board does what the members want. Let them air it, debate it, argue about it, whatever but, make sure all opinions are heard. Some of the best ideas come out of arguments like that. Everybody just has to remember not to take it personally, it usually isn't meant that way.

OK - well have a great meeting today, I have to do the Easter family stuff this weekend since I am heading to the GPASI auction next week.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Kurt, I was merely trying to sooth things over, that's all. I never said there should be no opinions expressed, but rather why bicker over spilled milk when the real picture is how wonderful our club is. In other words, let's just get over it and move on. That's all.

Harmless...expressed delicately without pointing fingers. That's all...
Please, don't misconstrue what I was trying to say, but thanx for your opinion.

And yes I'm always open to hear everyside of every story. Have a great Easter!!!

Enjoy the meeting, to bad I could not make it this time around. Ya know, vacation with the family.

Regards,

RM

lonlangione

Members
I agree with Kurt, you need the discussion to make the club stronger. Here is a quote from one of my favorite Americans, Colin Powell.

When we are debating an issue, loyalty means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I'll like it or not. Disagreement, at this stage, stimulates me. But once a decision has been made, the debate ends. From that point on, loyalty means executing the decision as if it were your own.

Lonny

kaj41354

Members
Sorry Richard,

When you said " Why do we fight or argue over petty stuff when it comes to rules and regulations on auctions, fish, rules, and miscellanous bs.
It doesn't make sense to me. We must let go of our egos and respect the fact that the ones who have been voted in to represent the members only look out for their best interest.
"

I must have read it the way it was written instead of the way it was meant. That sometimes happens on forums. My apologies buddy. Have a great holiday.

F8LBITE

Members
Indeed its an awesome club. I really lucked out by the fact that the first club I joined is the most awesome club ever!!!

maddog10

Members
Discussion is good. I would be worried if we made a decision and no one voiced a concern. There are very few things that we do that can not be reversed or modified as needed. We tend to have some heated discussions at the Board meetings. In the end everyone knows it is business and not personal. This stuff isn't BS, it is important to a lot of people and ALL opinions are listened to. I believe I have even stated arguments for and against some issues in the past.

I actually believe the Board does a great job of weighing different options or solutions to problems (growing pains) that the club faces.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I disagree with all that has been said here.
I am President and you will all bow down before me as I walk past you.

Now subjects, I am tired and wish nourishment.
Begone with you.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I disagree with all that has been said here.
I am President and you will all bow down before me as I walk past you.

Now subjects, I am tired and wish nourishment.
Begone with you.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Love you Pat... you're the Man!!!
;)

RM

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I bet they thought you were joking Pat. Do you know who said it - as a leader it is better to be feared then loved. I am shaking in my boots.

George

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I'm thrilled with the club. I just have to come out of my shell a little bit more every meeting. I am extremely shy by nature, but I've been meeting more and more people at every meeting, and I'm really starting to feel like a part of the family.

CCA 4 lyf, yo.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
NICE TO BE A PART OF THIS CLUB HANDS DOWN! I JUST WISH I DIDNT HAVE TO WAIT A MONTH TO DO IT AGAIN :p. HAVE MADE SOME REALLY GREAT FRIENDS AND I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LEARN ALOT. IVE MADE FISH FOOD, LEARNED TO TAKE BETTER PICS (WHENEVER I GET A REAL CAMERA), AND I HAVE BEGUN TO APPRECIATE DOING PROJECTS FOR THE BETTERMENT(SOUNDS LIKE JESSE JACKSON USING THAT WORD THERE:p) OF MY FISH. LASTLY IVE LEARNED THAT MIKE HILL IS CRAZY AND DERANGED AND IS ONE HECK OF A PHOTAGAPHER. WATER CHANGING UNIFORM AND ALL LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :p FRANCINE I LOVE YOUR BRAINCHILD AND ALL THOSE WHO HAVE MADE THIS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB YOU HAVE DONE.;)