• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Leopoldi/smoky Cross

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

This is one of my (more or less retired) breeders. She is a Smokey veil, and from her body shape I would say that one of her parents was a wild Leopoldi. She was mated to what I believe to be one of her siblings. The male looked almost the same as her. I got the pair already paired up, so I'm not completely sure of the genetics...... Her mate died a little while ago do to what appeared to be old age. (I also don't know how old she is). I like this picture and decided to share it because it shows some points of her color that are usually only seen in person, specifically the greenish tinge to her scales and the gold on her body which is brought out by the sunlight. But the tank is kinda dirty..... I also have some of her offspring still. If anyone is interested, please let me know quickly as they will be leaving fairly soon. She produced Smokies, Chocolates, and Silvers, in veil, double dose veil, and standard tail varieties.

Gretel_20080127_008.jpg

Later!
Amanda.

maddog10

Members
I have never owned an angelfish, so I have to admit that most of that went right over my head.
All I can say is - nice coloring!

cyradis4

Members
I have never owned an angelfish, so I have to admit that most of that went right over my head.
All I can say is - nice coloring![/b]

Lol!

She is a pretty rare variety. Veil means she has a pretty tail, Leopoldi means she has a Roman nose, and smoky means her back end is gray..... The gold and green (which I've VERY rarely seen) are bonuses! I'll be pairing up some of her babies that I've kept for breeders soon. Be interesting to see!

Amanda.

animicrazy

Members
I am fairly sure that the pic is of "Gretel"; Hansel (her only mate and no relation - I think - to Another Hans we all know and love) has passed due to aging.

The pic does this fish no justice.

I will, like it or not, delve into the netherworld of digital photography; some years ago, Real photography was a business of mine and this thing (that none of you have heard of) (called a 'darkroom') was my home.

Gretel deserves better than the best.

She and Hansel have kept the other fish fat and happy for quite a long while.

I Say: Give the deserved their due !!!

The Mad Scientist.