• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Leaving the hobby for a while

chris_todd

Members
I’ve been extremely busy these last many months, and it’s not going to get any better until I finish a big project I have going on at work, and that won’t happen until at least January of next year. So in the interest of getting back three hours of my Sundays, and getting my fish a home in which they will be cared for more than I can do, I am selling all my fish, fish tanks, supplies and accessories.

I have been so inactive in the hobby lately that I honestly do not know how much this equipment and these fish are worth. My great preference would be for someone to come and take it all away. So I will make you this deal. Any club member in good standing who shows up at my door in Catonsville with sufficient space in their truck(s) and some strong backs to help move it, you can have everything in my fish room for $750 (I will entertain reasonable offers). Note that this offer is for club members only.

All tanks hold water right now, all filters and heaters on the tanks are currently working. Nothing is in perfect condition, but most of it is in good condition, though all the tanks have some brown algae (probably diatom) on the glass. It’s probably easily cleaned, but I’m too busy, LOL.

Here’s what I have:

Tanks and stands:
110 gallon (same footprint as a 75g, 48†x 18â€, but 31†tall). Comes with glass tops and a 48†T12 shop light, Matten filter with there uplift tubes, and an angle iron stand. Also comes with a MASSIVE piece of malaysian driftwood and a huge anubias. Seriously, these are both so big they would barely fit in a 90 gallon tank.

90 gallon (48†x 18†x 25â€) with glass tops, Matten filter with two uplift tubes, Eheim heater, a second heater (titanium) with external controls, on a home made (over-engineered) oak stand. Comes with 48†T12 shop light on nice hanging brackets. Would make a great planted tank.

75 gallon (48†x 18†x 20â€) with glass tops, Matten filter with two uplift tubes, 48†T12 shop light, Fluval heater and Koralia power head, on a custom built (over-engineered) plywood stand.

All three tanks above also come with Coralife Power Center power strips. I have these plugged into two GFCI plugs.

37 gallon with glass tops, heater, Eheim Ecco Pro canister filter, T8 hood light, and custom built oak stand and hood.

Fish:
Three Tiger Oscars: each approximately 10†and gorgeous. Two are housed in the 90 and one in the 37. They were all together in the 90, but two of them started beating up on the other and making with the happy dance, but they’ve never spawned. Not sure if they’re M/F, or if they’re confused about their sexuality, but the two in the 90 do not beat up on each other.

Group of about a dozen Geophagus brasiliensis. Largest is about 7†and beautiful, and there are three or four that are >5â€, with the rest at about 3†(they’re from different broods).

Group of Australoheros oblungums. Again, from two different broods, there’s a large male about 5†and a presumed female about 4†I got at Aquamania, and a group of 5 that are smaller that I got years ago from Sam, but which never seem to have grown up.

Group of 5 Corydoras trilineatus I picked up at Aquafest 2013.

One Betta patoti (Tiger Betta). This is a cool fish, about 5†long.

Fish from the 75 g:
Large group (8-10; they move too fast to count) of Giant danios
Four black angelfish (one has what appears to be a damaged eye)
Pair of Apistogramma cacatuoides ‘Triple Red’
Group of about 6 Corydoras aeneus
Two yoyo loaches
Two (probably Male and Female) Odessa barbs (very pretty)
At one time, I had two clown plecos in this tank. They always hide well, so I have no idea whether they are still in there. Actually, I just saw one, so there’s at least one.
One very old, small, female Bolivian ram.
Assorted low-light plants (crypts, java fern, and moss) and driftwood

I also have a ton of other assorted accessories and supplies too numerous to mention, though some of the highlights are:
two CO2 regulators (can’t guarantee these don’t leak, as I haven’t used them in years), a 10 lb. tank and a 5 lb. tank
lots of assorted driftwood, rocks, and cichlid stones
Several pumps (mag 7 and the like)
Several sponge filters
three 50 foot Pythons
a 20 high tank
a drilled 10 g
buckets, nets, several pounds of new life spectrum

You get the idea; lots of stuff.

Anyone who comes and takes it all gets everything. I really would like to get rid of all of this together, so I’ll give it two weeks to see if anyone is seriously interested, and if not, then I’ll look into parting it all out.

If you’ve read this far, thanks for your time!

chriscoli

Administrator
I hear ya. When you're ready to get back into it, I'd be glad to let you browse my fishroom for anything you'd like.

Ballen0351

Members
If you want to part it out Our Church is looking to put a tank in the kids Sunday School room. I volunteered to maintain it I just need to find one. We would gladly take the 75 or 90 and stock. Or even the 75 and 37 tanks together to get two off your hands

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Sorry to hear, if no one takes everything in two weeks I'll take all of the sponge filters and plants. Thanks!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sorry you have to take a break, Chris. You have been a great contributor to the club over the years. Wish I had room to take some stuff off your hands, but the house is full.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Well, gosh darn, Chris. Sorry to see you go, but I wish you a good sabbatical and hope you come back refreshed.

chris_todd

Members
I hear ya. When you're ready to get back into it, I'd be glad to let you browse my fishroom for anything you'd like.

Thanks, Chris, that's very generous. I might well take you up on that offer, though I think when I come back, I'll be sorely tempted to do a large planted Discus tank. :)

Pm sent about taking it all. shoot me a message about arrangements

Ben, I responded to your PM.

Becca

Members
If you do split up, let me know. I'd be interested in the Geos or the Oblongums (and whichever tanks they occupy).

I wish I could take it all off your hands, but don't have the space. I'm not sure I've even got enough open outlets and wall space to get everyone set back up.