• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Leaving hobby

MonteSS

Members
Do to health probs I will be selling most of my tanks and fish. No idea if these prices are right. Make offer on fish

Pick up only in Central Va near charlottesville

5" female Centrarchus about 6 years old.
6" Very pretty female JD About 4 years old and hangs with above fish
4" male Nic
6"+ Australoheros oblongum. Big old handsome male. King of tank but gentle. This is one of the original males that bred most of the fish in the country now.
6" Thorichthys Mixteco gold. about 6 years old. Hes a little pushy.
4" Real male HRP Rio Danli about 4 years old. mellow
Misc 2-5" relay pretty HRP x Con Hybrids
4" fat Albino BN Pleco about 5 years old.
3 large Buenos Aires Tetras.
1 large Black skirt Tatra.

75 gallon oak color with faux oak cabinet/stand. glass top with flor lamp. PF sand. $250

75 gallon same as first with pea gravel $225

26 gal bowfront with nice 3d styro backround and AC70. PFS and rocks. Flor lamp but no top. No stand. $150

AC110 quiet. $40

Eheim cannisters. 6 years old but silent and no leaks.
2026 $100
2026 $100

Jager heaters
50w $10
100w $12
250w $15
250w $15

Misc driftwood

Many nice plastic plants

Misc chemicals

....Bill

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Sorry to see that you have to sell your tanks. From what I've seen over the years, your fish are always happy and healthy (as can be seen by the age of the fish you have available). Good luck with the sale.

Ading522

Members
Sorry to hear about your going out of the hobby and illness..hope all goes well..How many gallons are rated for these 2026's? And what are you asking for the tetras and albino pleco?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MonteSS

Members
Everything is pick up only. Tetras and pleco are free if you really want to come and get them.

I have the 2026 on a 75g thay is pretty heavily stocked. Water is very clean. Very low maintenance and very easy to clean. You can add a AC 110 in addition for polishing the water but not realy neccesary.

....Bill

Ms. Wright

Members
I live in Madison county and commute to C'ville. No real use for your S.A. Cichs; I'm more into Africans. But I maintain a 55 at Johnson Elementary School (heavy plants, with two orandas and a pleco) , and the kids would probably love the ABP. Would you take ten bucks?
I'd also like to see the driftwood. Trying to go more into plants in my 150, since I sold all my Tropheus and am getting A. Comps. More wood and fewer rocks would do nicely.
Thanks,
Dorothy Wright
540-948-4688

Ms. Wright

Members
I live in Madison county and commute to C'ville. No real use for your S.A. Cichs; I'm more into Africans. But I maintain a 55 at Johnson Elementary School (heavy plants, with two orandas and a pleco) , and the kids would probably love the ABP. Would you take ten bucks?
I'd also like to see the driftwood. Trying to go more into plants in my 150, since I sold all my Tropheus and am getting A. Comps. More wood and fewer rocks would do nicely.
Thanks,
Dorothy Wright
540-948-4688

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I too am sorry to learn of your need to downsize. I have enjoyed your updated posts over the years.

MonteSS

Members
Pleco is free Ms. Wright if you want to come get him (I think its a male)

I have really nice driftwood and cedar wood mounted on tile base.

....Bill

MonteSS

Members
Forgot about my Adult Cryptoheros Chetumalesis Rio Chahal pair. They sort of get along but wont spawn for me. She did have a suscessful spawn with a different male a long while ago.

....Bill

rich_one

Members
Wow... nice stuff! Wish I didn't live so far from Charlottesville! And sorry to see you leaving the hobby. GLWS.

-Rich

MonteSS

Members
I will offer the fish as free to a good home.

Since I have no local clubs, what is the best way to sell/give the fish away so I can sell the tanks on CL?

I hate to sell/give fish away on CL as most dont even know what they are.

I could destroy the hybrids if I have to (but the males really are gorgeous).

Thanks....Bill

Bill

How soon do you have to have the fish out by? Is there a possibility to meet somewhere along 29 between Gainesville and Charlottesville or will we have to come all the way? Just trying to look at the logistics.

Thanks
Rob

rich_one

Members
Any club members live near there that are coming to the bbq? Would love to get that Centrarchus!

-Rich

MonteSS

Members
I actually am in no hurry at all.

If ALL the fish would be taken I would consider meeting in Culpepper (1 hour north of me on 29) or Richmond (1 hour se)

Centrachus was from Rapps.

....Bill

Last edited:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sorry to see you go, Bill.

Good luck to you sir. I've enjoyed reading your posts and watching your videos over the years.

Keep in touch if you can. :)