• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Leak in Fish Tank... Free Fish? Frederick, MD

Quicklynx

Members
Hey Guys,
I have an issue. The top seam of my tank is leaking and I can not seal it without draining the tank.

Unfortunately, I only have two reserve tanks and I will not be able to put all the fish in them. If I combine them in the small tanks I'm more than certain some will be stressed to death due to not being able to run.

Sadly, I think the best thing for me to do is to get rid of them quick because I can not put the water level up any higher so I can not use my overflow for the sump.

I'm thinking of maybe trading my fish to someone for a membership on here, which is basically $20.

I have a 7" Hericthys Carpintis (Rio Hondo)
4 x Blood Parrots (2-4") - each ran me about $25
A breeding Pair of convicts + some babies.
Turquoise cichlid 3" - has recently shown some black marks on his belly due to stress. I think the parrots are starting to give him a hard time. He has beautiful coloration though.

The Hericthys and Turquoise came from CoA

I hate to lose out on all these guys but I just don't know what else to do right now.

I figured I'd offer to you all before I take them to the LFS.

zackcrack00

Members
The "Piranhas" will be on the forums tomorrow morning to snatch up this deal. Sorry about your tank, that must really suck. Maybe someone will be nice enough to temporarily hold your fish for you while you fix your tank. Good luck, your gonna need it!

chriscoli

Administrator
Is there any chance you can put them temporarily in Rubbermaid totes? I do this frequently when I need a quarantine tank in a pinch.

Ading522

Members
Is there any chance you can put them temporarily in Rubbermaid totes? I do this frequently when I need a quarantine tank in a pinch.

Sorry to hear about your prob..Christine has a good idea.. Y not do that instead?

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

the rubber maid tanks are and excellent idea that i have used in the past myself. they work great for temporary storage. the last 2 times i have had to break everything to move that was the way i went as well.

Good Luck

daninmd

Members
I have a 55g tank you can borrow if you want. Come pick it up in Annapolis and just return it when you can. Use your existing filter and it will be fine. Pm me

clearsky5

CCA Members
heck, even a garbage can, (plastic of course) or buckets would do in a pinch.... I would use my bathtub, while I'm fixing my tank if I had to..
good luck

Gokuson4

Members
if you really want to sell, I would be interested in those " 7" Hericthys Carpintis (Rio Hondo)
4 x Blood Parrots (2-4") - each ran me about $25"...or anyone out there whose selling blood parrots!! Goodluck by the way..

Quicklynx

Members
PMs replied to.

Thank you all for the advice. I will probably grab a bin to stick them in. I'll rehome some if I can simply because the tank is overstocked as is and the turquoise is getting a little stressed.

He really needs to be on his own, with his own kind, or in a tank with non aggressive.

Quicklynx

Members
Turquoise and Convicts have found a new home!

The Carpintis and Parrot pair are pending, but the other three parrots are still available!