• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Last chance for Oblongums, HRPs and Nannacaras

Plenipotentiary-at-large
All 1"+ juveniles are going to Tropical Lagoon today so if you want some of these or feel that you are owed/promised some speak now because the new cohorts are all a few months from being of any size. The Nannacaras are the aureocephalus variety, and as usual required compensation is a pittance.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'd be interested in a few HRP's if you can hold on to them until the January meeting. If not, I'll wait on the next batch.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Dilemma

Pagan biologist or no, still have trouble saying no to someone whose initials are JC.

You're covered.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Well

Uncommonly wheresoever I happen to be for starters, but it's nigh (and in some ways increasingly) universal depending on one's perspective, eh?

Hawkman2000

Members
Nice. My intensions were for the location of pickup, but you probably already knew that. Doesn't matter anyway. I was thinking about the Oblongums, but I have decided not to.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
How to know?

Didn't exactly sound like a real question, but thought the answer was more interesting than "ever in NW DC/Columbia Heights".

Jmty

Members
The Nannacaras

interested in this fish if still available,let me know and what you want in return,thanks,jose

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Stock exchange

interested in this fish if still available,let me know and what you want in return,thanks,jose

Emeralds. Or some palladium. A few paltry grams of either would be fine.

Have another younger group of NAs coming up - will bring some to next meeting as an auction donation or you may try and tempt me with some lesser offering (no cash) if you're short on my first choices.

:D

Jmty

Members
i'm short of first choices for sure,the next will be some plants that will have to send you pics.because i don't know the names of the plants.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I stopped in Tropical Lagoon today and saw your fish. How often does one see Nannacara Aureocephalus at a LFS?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
How about that

Was thinking that if I had a printer to make small stickers for the tanks with pictures of adults, species names and an attribution indicating that they'd been spawned by the Capital Cichlid Association with the logo/web address. Besides the Panamanians and Geos he had I thought the species I brought him were the coolest fish in there, especially the oblongums which at that age/size are just great little dudes.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've never seen Aus. oblongum in an LFS either....or on a wholesale list.

The chances of stuff like N. aureocephalus and oblongums...or even legit HRPs for that sake to appear in an LFS without a club...are next to nil.

Matt

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Next up

Have Apistogramma inka, panduro, kelleri and vijeita juveniles coming along, the pebas and bitaentiatas ate their first broods - I always let the parents have a go the first time through to see if maybe they get it right. The Apistos are still too young to sex but are out of the woods. Do have Hemichromis guttatus ready to go if anyone wants some jewel cichlids that are mellower than the run of the mill varieties.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Hasn't that been done?

Seems sort of like re-inventing the wheel - and a lot more work, but as they say in the NW, go for it. Suppose if it was done a page at a time each time someone spawned/distibuted a species....

Do you have any oblongum or nannacara left?

(Thanks Matt)

george fear

Have Apistogramma inka, panduro, kelleri and vijeita juveniles coming along, the pebas and bitaentiatas ate their first broods - I always let the parents have a go the first time through to see if maybe they get it right. The Apistos are still too young to sex but are out of the woods. Do have Hemichromis guttatus ready to go if anyone wants some jewel cichlids that are mellower than the run of the mill varieties.