• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

LA CEIBA SPAWNS

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I HAVE A PAIR THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME BY DANGER CHICKEN AS 2" JUVIES BACK DURING THE WINTER. WELL THEY HAVE GROWN TO ABOUT 6" AND HAVE SPAWNED FOR THE FIRST TIME. IM VERY EXCITED AS THESE BEAUTIFUL FISH ARE ON THE WORLDS ENDANGERED SPECIES LIST. MY WIGGLERS ARE DUE TODAY OR BY DAWN SATURDAY.

2010-07-07%2016.57.21.jpg

2010-07-07%2016.59.08_Laurel_Maryland_US.jpg

Jumbie

Members
Nice DQ those fish look great! I have some 2" Parachormis sp. "red tiger", and a few of 3/4-1" of Mo's "Hundoras" species I hope I could get them that big by December! What were you feeding them?

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
THANKS EVERYONE. SPINE I WAS ABLE TO TELL THE MALE FROM THE FEMALE FROM THEIR HEAD SHAPE. IT SEEMED TO ME THE MALE HAD THAT HUMP LIKE SPOT ON HIS HEAD EVEN AS A JUVIE . AS FAR AS FOOD I FEED THEM A CAMBINATION PELLET MIX OF NLS+KENS FISH FOOD, FRESH EARTHWORMS AND SLUGS, AND MARKET SHRIMP. JOSE YOU KNOW I GOT YA BRO!;)

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Like other parachromis, they will surely defend their brood aggressively. Now that the La Ceiba strain is becoming the norm, has anyone come across the "old, boring, original" strain?

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Nice looking fish DQ. We have some 3in juvies at the shop. How do you sex them.
Body shape is a good way. Females tend to be rounder.

Nice DQ those fish look great! I have some 2" Parachormis sp. "red tiger", and a few of 3/4-1" of Mo's "Hundoras" species I hope I could get them that big by December! What were you feeding them?
What did you get from Mo?