• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

L270 Chocolate Zebra

longstocking

Members
Just thought I would share with eveyone I have had my first wild pleco spawn :D

Lots of cute little fry around the tank. A while back I decided I didn't like keeping cichlids in anything smaller than a 30 gallon so I converted all my 20's and 1 30 to pleco tanks. I've enjoyed this a lot better as they are not nearly as aggressive as cichlids. All I have to worry about is the water quality.

The pair had bred before and I have seen eggs quite a few times but the father never managed to raise up the eggs/fry. He finally got it right a few weeks ago. It took months for him to get it right...

I fed them black worms and a high protein pellet for anyone wanting to know. No power head.... just a sponge filter :) I let the tak get fairly dirty and then I performed large water changes. This seems to trigger every spawn. Rocks, wood, and sand as decor. and a few Patho cuttings to keep the water quality up.

Now to get my other L numbers going !!!

longstocking

Members
Thanks guys !!

Franny I'm not treating them like my tangs. A lot easier actually. My water comes out of the tap just about perfect for south american's. 7.2 ph gh and kh about 3-5 ( this is after 24 hours). I add a little crushed coral so the ph doesn't crash but doesn't raise the ph. All I do is add conditioner to the water.

Waitied 2 weeks instead of one for water changes.

Yes, very nice avatar LOL.

BevN

Members
I can tell you they are just adorable because I have 6 of the wee buggers in a tank in the fishroom.

They made the trip home safe and sound and are in a new home of their own.

Thanks Sarah!

BevN

Members
Yep..that was the fun part. Silly fish hung on for dear life! I had to turn the bag inside out and practically pry them off.

They are doing really well. They were out and about this evening roaming around the tank. They are so darn cute!