• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

kribs spawning

ErnieG

Members
I brought these guys from HOT 3days ago and now I'm watching them breed in the coconut shell lol. They started to dig sand piles out front of the coconut then I seen the tubes drop and spawning on the roof of the coconut shell. I never seen kribensis breed before, every time I had kribensis I would only see the fry free swimming and would never know of the bred or not because they are so secretive.

KINDLE_CAMERA_1378058628000.jpg

KINDLE_CAMERA_1378058699000.jpg

KINDLE_CAMERA_1378058702000.jpg

zackcrack00

Members
Nice!!! Not to scare you or anything but watch how the mom reacts to the eggs hatching. That always seemed to freak my female Kribensis out, and she'd eat them. The dad will steal a few babies hre and there to try and raise, but my female got most of them.

ErnieG

Members
Nice!!! Not to scare you or anything but watch how the mom reacts to the eggs hatching. That always seemed to freak my female Kribensis out, and she'd eat them. The dad will steal a few babies hre and there to try and raise, but my female got most of them.

Lol it's not my first time breeding them Zack, I bred irons several times but this is my first time seeing th lay the eggs.

ErnieG

Members
The eggs have hatched guys, this is only day 2 and the eggs hatched. Temp is 80 and PH is 7.0.