• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Kribensis Problem

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
My adult male Kribensis doesn't seem to want to or be able to dive to the lower level's of my tank. I found him in the upper back corner of the tank this morning and was able to handle him by hand. Something I was never able to do before. When I checked on him later today he appeared to be active and swimming find but only on the surface of the tank. I just added a large Jungle Val that covers a good portion of the surface, but I am still a little concerned.

What could be the problem? I know it's not ammonia the fry and other fish seem fine. Is it old age? The Kribensis were given to me a month ago so I am un sure how old they are but up until today they appeared very healthy.

Spine

Members
Prince,
What are you feeding your kribs. What temp is your tank,does he have any swelling or bloating. Also what other fish are in the tank.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
They Eat Hikari Bio Gold Cichlid formula and he is the biggets in the tank. When I was planting today I noticed the tank temp (72-75) was low so I up the heater. He doesn't appear to have Dropsey or Bloat.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
It was Swimming Bladder disease. I tried to treat him with Jungle Parasite Cure and He died in the QT tank.