• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Just almost killed 300 worth of fish

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I just ventured into pressurized co2 with a paintball setup with no bubble counter. Because of a previous issue of almost killing my fish I normally run an air stone on the opposite end of the tank. This time I didn't and I took about three hrs for all the fish to start gasping. I only caught I when I when into my basement for a breeder box. two 60 gallon air pumps and 170gph power is what it took to get the fish back.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

ddavila06

Members
im in the same page here! now as i tipe@!!!! i changed the hose of my co2 tank because it was too short so i shut it down and when i put it back on i just ran it without counting nor measuring...crap all my rainbows gasping for air...crossing many finger here...

rich_one

Members
im in the same page here! now as i tipe@!!!! i changed the hose of my co2 tank because it was too short so i shut it down and when i put it back on i just ran it without counting nor measuring...crap all my rainbows gasping for air...crossing many finger here...
Oh man... good luck, Damien... I hope they make it!

-Rich

mscichlid

Founder
Dang Prince, I'm glad you were there. I'm planning on turning my C02 back on to grow the plants I. recently got. I'm taking all my fish out though. Gonna crank it.

Where did you get your paintball gear from?

ddavila06

Members
I just ventured into pressurized co2 with a paintball setup with no bubble counter. Because of a previous issue of almost killing my fish I normally run an air stone on the opposite end of the tank. This time I didn't and I took about three hrs for all the fish to start gasping. I only caught I when I when into my basement for a breeder box. two 60 gallon air pumps and 170gph power is what it took to get the fish back.

Prince, are all of your fish allright?

i didn't find any dead ones (yet?) but dang that was close!!! the plecos were as good as dead and so were the boesmani...i took around 50% of the water out (125 gallon) and left it with the filters running (2 fluval 405s) to create turbulance and help oxigenate the water for like an hour..after that the rainbows came back from the dead! i swear!! :eek: filled it up and everything looked normal, except the clown plecos which didn move a bit...now i don't know where they are, hopefully alive! :wacko:

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
DD: everyone survived. Fran: I bought the a used Taam Rio single co2 controller. Works good but would work much better with a needle valve. That way you could crank the bottle to dull open and meter it down with the needle valve. I play paintball so I had a co2 tank but I bought a new one becuse the old one needs to be hydro tested. I am currently building my own reg using a extra low pressure paintball reg that I have. I also just won a Red Sea co2 pro kit on eBay for 80 shipped. It's just missing the red sea needle valve.

mscichlid

Founder
Cool. Show us a pic before you install. I have an Azoo regulator on my tank, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a 2-stage regulator. Geesh, they are expensive though. With funds being really tight, I have to weigh what's important. Fish gear, camera gear, or computer gear.

rsretep

Members
i just went through a similar incident...my regulator dumped 1/2 of a five pound bottle of co2 in my forty breeder, killing everything in the tank...after this disaster i have purchased an electronic co2 selinoid from aquariumplants.com which is guaranteed not to "dump"....money well spent no more faulty needle valves...:D:D:D

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
found it, Ill be at the pvas meet this weekend if your going or know someone that is.

I won't be their....got to work. If you don't mind I happlily pay for shipping if your are willing to ship it.