• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June entry request

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Looking for photos for the contest.
quick reminder- must be a club member. must be a cichlid.
See the rules in the sticky.

Thanks

Oh and to my verizon email account only please.

Last edited:

fischfan13

Banned
Ok, ok, ok. I know for a fact that I am the only person to ever go two consecutive months without getting ONE single vote.
Let me check my photobucket archives to see what else I can scrape up.:rolleyes:

longstocking

Members
oh boy.... getting camera out.... I'm lazy but need a few pics of some new fish of mine.

ps... cats should be included :p

Spine

Members
Ok, ok, ok. I know for a fact that I am the only person to ever go two consecutive months without getting ONE single vote.
Let me check my photobucket archives to see what else I can scrape up.:rolleyes:
I think you might have some company.lol:blush:
I'm gonna dig deep into my photo's. My goal this month is to get a single vote first then think about winning.

MonteSS

Members
For some of my pics I use an old Olympus camera. 1.3 megapixel. Thats right 1.3. I t has a great Glass lens and the focusis great for close shots. Very easy to take "decent" shots. Here are a few I just took to show you. Not DSLR quality but not bad for what it is. I also use NO flash so colors are much more natural. Lighting is a plain old single flouresent.

I have an extra one of these old dinosaurs with a small memory card if someone wanys it for $20.

Picture1536.jpg

Picture1541.jpg

Picture1544.jpg

Picture1555.jpg

...Bill

Last edited:

marge618

CCA member
Bill,
Does this mean you want us to help you decide which of your pics to enter in the contest. (If so, beware the input of those who might enter as well. Hhe hee.)

MonteSS

Members
Naw Marge. Just showing that you dont need a $1000 complicated camera to take fairly decent shots. Also that I have an extra one of these same cameras that took these shots for sale cheap if anyone is interested.

...Bill

emartin

Members
Any digital camera can take good photos.

With my camera, a good way to take clear pictures with the fish well lit (the photo still comes out weird though, definitely not aquamojo quality though) is to angle the camera downwards with the fish below the camera, usually something like a 45d angle works well with the flash NOT bouncing back and the fish coming out well lit and clear.

Spine

Members
Any digital camera can take good photos.

With my camera, a good way to take clear pictures with the fish well lit (the photo still comes out weird though, definitely not aquamojo quality though) is to angle the camera downwards with the fish below the camera, usually something like a 45d angle works well with the flash NOT bouncing back and the fish coming out well lit and clear.
Good advice I agree.

MonteSS

Members
I just dont like the way pics look with a flash. In many cases it enhances the fish's color and does not look natural.

...Bill

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I just dont like the way pics look with a flash. In many cases it enhances the fish's color and does not look natural.

...Bill

If the flash is coming from the camera, then I agree. A remote flash from overhead or off at an angle does look nice though. Makes the added lighting more natural looking.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I think you might have some company.lol:blush:
I'm gonna dig deep into my photo's. My goal this month is to get a single vote first then think about winning.

You guys do know you can vote for your own pic right? Maybe not the same but it beats a zero.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
You guys do know you can vote for your own pic right? Maybe not the same but it beats a zero.

My January pic got zero votes as well.... I just have a problem voting for my pic if there are others that are that much better than mine.