• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Julidochromis dickfeldi- new tank!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
So I picked up some Julis from Christine at Aquafest and set up a tank when I got home. That sounds a little misleading, the tank has been running for about 9 years, I just switched up the decor and booted out the previous inhabitants. It is a 29g, which I think will likely be fine for now, I can upgrade to a 30g or a 55g if needed later (advice on this is welcome). I have 6 juvies right now, and I am in love. I just stacked some rock and threw in sold old escargot shells with plants in them (the shells were leftover from my shellie keeping days and had been collecting dust). So far so good! I didn't get great shots, but any constructive criticism on maintaining these guys would be appreciated.
julie tank.jpg

julis.jpg

julie.jpg

julis.jpg

julie tank.jpg

julie.jpg

chriscoli

Administrator
They look great! I think you've bulit them a very nice palace!

I've kept a pair in tanks as small as 10 gal (they spawned, even). I've grown out a group of 6 for a while (until they started spawning) in a 20L. Then they got moved to a 55....even more spawning, then they got booted to a 33L. That was when the extra females got kicked out of the group by the dominant female. I've also maintained them in a 40B with lots of rock, too.

In all of these tanks (except for the 10) they were not the only inhabitants....I had them mixed in with shellies, Punks, and Altos.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
So Rachel has officially "jumped the shark." ;)

Looks great, girl. Those guys are really cool. Like little mini submarines cruising around, checking out the rockwork.

chriscoli

Administrator
I love the way....especially when they're young....they'll swim along hugging close to the rock upside down on the top of the caves.

Ading522

Members
I love the way....especially when they're young....they'll swim along hugging close to the rock upside down on the top of the caves.

Yes! Me too! I enjoy watching them do that.. Demasoni juvies do that as well..hehe..its super cool..wonder if they get dizzy sometimes doing that..like when we hang upside down for long all our blood just goes to our brains..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App