• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

JD eggs! It's about time.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Still nothing happening with my ebjd/bgjd pair but my regular jacks have spawned. Female laid eggs today. Both are guarding though there is nothing to guard against.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
The lights are out in the room. I don't want to shock the parents. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.
The tank is a 75g with a poret foam divider between the two pairs of dempseys.

D-money

Members
I had a wild caught female from Rapps that turned almost black after she laid eggs. Did you notice the same thing with your female?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
The female is in the first and third pic and is closest to the eggs. She isn't showing her purples or blue spangles at all but she isn't black either. The male goes in and out of breeding color.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
The eggs have hatched (that was quick!). I thought she ate all of the eggs, but the female moved each baby off of the plate and into a pot turned on it's side. Now I need to find something to cover the intake of my ac110 so as not to suck up the soon to be free swimming babies.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've used a piece of foam from an ac70 insert. One word of warning - the foam will severely restrict the flow on the AC. I has to clean mine every other day to keep the flow close to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hawkman2000

Members
The female might turn black after they become freeswimmers. The fisrt time my jds spawn she didn't turn black untill then. the next spawn she turn black right away.

Also, a good way to inspire breedinf in the ebdj/jd pair is hand a mirror on the tank so the can see themselves. The male will fight himself and arouse the female. Worked great for me.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Thanks for the tip about breeding the ebjd. Right now they display and lock lips after every meal. She goes into breeding color but nothing more happens. They need to breed soon... his lips are destroyed!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
The normal jds are still guarding the fry. The fry are still in a mass within a flower pot.